Thread: New Product E-flite Taylorcraft 450
View Single Post
Old Jul 01, 2008, 10:39 PM
Find More Posts by Flying Pez
Joined Dec 2007
40 Posts
Sweet!

Well the expo mix ( 25% aileron 30% elevator 35 % rudder ) worked great!
Straight out of the gate she needed just 3 clicks right aileron and that was it! The first flight I took it easy getting to know the aircraft, that flight lasted 6 minutes. The second flight was a little longer and I did rolls, loops, Split Sís and almost pulled a knife edge but that one is going to take more practice and some tweaked settings. Both times, the 2200 batt. was only half used.
I wanted to see how much power it had so I went straight up and nailed the throttle Ė it started going too fast for me so I applied full left aileron to slow her down and she just kept climbing straight up! I finally just cut the motor and for the next few minutes glided back and forth across the field on zero power. From take off to landing I was on low rates the whole time.
I LOVE THIS PLANE! Iím new to this hobby so I donít have much to compare it to and the only thing I noticed is that she does seem to drag her tail around in the turns but, I really enjoy the rudder flying thing so I can either do it manually or mix some rudder in on my radio.
As a ďthanks for this threadĒ, Iím going to post all the parts I used as this is not a standard build out I ( I used different servos and motor then everyone else here so far ) to give everyone some other options when builder theirs.
Flying Pez is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pez