Accelerometer -> uC -> Tx -> Pan servo (Poor man's HT?)
- Can't afford a proper goggles+tracking setup
- Full house glider needs both hands to fly
- No intuitive way of controlling camera pan/tilt
- Mount accelerometer on RC TX to sense tilt
- Microcontroller converts G force -> tilt angle -> analogue voltage -> replace RC TX pot
- Accelerometer: MMA1260D, +/- 1.5G
- Microcontroller: Arduino
- Output: PWM+low pass filter
Obligatory video demo:
- Need to turn TX very gently to avoid getting movement/vibration being interpreted as tilt
- It works but it's not very intuitive, maybe able to get used to it...
Final Verdict: Meh... Not too impressed with my design.