some questions of operation again
AMENDED: having now spent 4 hours solidly reading ALL of this thread ( phew
) and playing more with the charger in front of me, I have found some of the answers - but not all ! I will now remove some bits from this post and leave what I still dont undersatnd. Thanks for your patience - apologies again for such a long post
I am not technically very good like some of you other guys
, but I am OK. If I should start a new thread - please tell me. I do like the charger, and think the work that you guys have done on this thread is amazing - and I am very impressed with the response from junsi
- but want to understand more about it, sorry for being dumb
- If the Input jack is limited to 7A - would that not mean for 200watt capability of the charger you would need a 28V input, yet limit is 19V ?
- In LiPo monitor mode, I get balance plug voltage error message with some cells showing as 1.2 volts or similar - if I connect the main leads the readings show correctly -I see others have found the same - so why does the manual suggest that batteries may be charged "by other means" and monitored by the 1010 - it is not possible - so what is the point of the feature ??
- Does it matter which balance socket I use if for example I only want to monitor the cells of a single 3s battery can I use any of the 3 x sockets on the board or only "D" ?
- What does the voltage setting of the cells do in the monitor mode ( 3V to 4.2V )
Check Time for Lithium batteries
- The manual says “After setting the current and voltage press START/Enter button…..” but surely you don’t set current when only in monitor mode ??
. If active does this actually mean that it will only charge at 100m/a for the set time? If so, and you had set say.... 10 mins, then total charge time for a “flat” pack will be 10 minutes longer than usual. What’s the point ? If its just for correct cell count detection, isn’t that covered anyway by the user confirming at the start before committing to push and hold START.
Balance speed / Trickle
. I don’t understand any of this in the manual. Could someone explain in simple terms to a dumbo like me what this is about.
Post charge trickle
. Why can these not be set separately for the different chemistry EG: I agree that a trickle post charge current for NiMH is a bad thing, but might like it for my PB, or NiCds.
Nixx check time. How does altering time range ( 0 - 30 min) stop / disable -^V peak ?
When using the temp probe - is it best / necessary to have the flat side of the sensor in contact with the battery…or does it not matter?
Charge Discharge power limit
. If set to AUTO, how does the charger adjust its output power according to input capability? How does it KNOW
what those limitations are ?? I think I understand this now thanks to you genius' on here - if the input voltage appears to be getting depressed by a large input current demand ( due to high output requirements ) then the charger ( in auto mode ) will reduce the output to stop the input dropping too low - is that right? If so, why not just leave the setting on Auto all the time - when would I NOT
want auto ??
, if you wanted to discharge at say 7A, then presumably you can only do it at that rate on a 4.28V ( or less ) battery due to the max limit of 30watt on the 1010B ?
Why is the default termination voltage of a LiPo set at 4.10 not 4.2V according to the manual page 9. is this a typing error, because the display shows 4.2V on screen.
In balance mode
- individual cell levels flash on and off during balancing - I can find no mention in the manual of what this indicates. I presume it is cell balancing activity, but it should explain that - if it is flashing does that mean that particular cell is "active" or "still"
If no safety timer is set
, yet a trickle charge is implemented ( in user set up) for nixx etc, will the trickle charge just continue until the unit is disconnected ?
If I reset to default settings
( stop+enter ) will that wipe-out any settings I made in user settings such as trickle charge currents and delay timers etc ?
Is there an “Auto” trickle current
setting in place - if so, what current is used and how is that calculated ? - is it a % of the total current put in during the normal charge cycle.
There is mention of a there a transmitter charge
feature to “bypass” the diode problem after you guys discussed it -Where is it / what is it called ?
Is the HXT esc key useable for firmware upgrading
- it was mentioned earlier in this thread. I use winXP and already have this USB key and the HXT drivers installed.
What program is supposed to be used to open
the “picture / media “ files that are in the latest upgrader ver.11 winzip file ? mine don’t open with VLC player, yet thay are called a VLC file?