"what I've always wanted"
All the Santa's brought great gifts this year. I've enjoyed indoor flight much more than years past with all the new advances in micro electronics so I put a few indoor RC items on my list.
Santa responded with an Ember 2 and a Vapor. I've flown both in the past when a couple flying buddies let me try theirs. I thoroughly enjoyed it can't wait to get back to the gym to fly my own.
Also on my list were some free flight kits. I received a whopping FOUR kits by Peck Polymers. That brings the total to 10!!.
Here is what I got so far:
1. Peck Polymers Baby Ace
2. Peck Polymers Peanut Scale Nesmith Cougar
3. Peck Polymers Peanut Scale Andreason BA4-B
4. Peck Polymers Peanut Scale Mitsubishi Zero
5. Comet Phantom Fury
6. Guillows #201 Thomas Morse S4C Scout
7. Diels Engineering 1/24th scale Boeing F4B-2 Bipe
8. On the bench I have the Peck Polymers Lacey M-10.
At my next indoor fly, I'll be picking up:
9. Guillows #905 P-51
10. Guillows #308 Beechcraft Musketeer.
I only recently became interested in the free flight kits when I learned I could convert them to RC with the electronics that are available today. I prefer to stay away from foam when possible. With the exception of the Ember, I prefer to fly built up balsa. A foam core wing is fine now and then but again....balsa is preferred. Hopefully my Lacey build will go well and I'll continue by building the rest of my FF kits.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.|