RC Groups

RC Groups
    FPV Equipment
        Discussion EzOSD with EzTelemetry, Live Google Earth, and Antenna tracking!

#1 hartwig Nov 27, 2008 08:40 AM

EzOSD with EzTelemetry, Live Google Earth, and Antenna tracking!

WOW! Have you seen this Demo-video?

EzOSD w/Telemetry and Antenna Guidance (2 min 19 sec)

#2 Gary Evans Nov 27, 2008 08:50 AM

Goggle earth flight simulator superimposed on the screen while your flying? Why would you want to do that? I must be missing something.

#3 ssassen Nov 27, 2008 10:03 AM

Gary,

Quote:

I must be missing something.
Yes, you are! This is a demo video, the EzTelemetry is a real-time logging feature running on a notebook. So it simultanously captures the video to the harddisk, logs the flight to a .kml file, shows the current position of the plane on Google earth and displays the live video feed. The size of the window(s) etc. is all up to you, you can vary and overlay them to your preference as with any Windows application.

Obviously you normally won't be flying off of this screen, although you can (hint: for example at night) but you'll be wearing your goggles. This however allows you to record the flight, generate a flight log, and show the current position of your plane in real time all in one fell swoop. Or you can playback the recorded footage at a later date from your Mini-DVD recorder (or another storage medium) and replay your whole flight later on the PC using our application in the exact same way you would a real time flight.

If you have any further questions I'd be happy to answer them for you.

Cheers,

Sander.

#4 mdw21 Nov 27, 2008 10:08 AM

How much and when can we get one ?

#5 ssassen Nov 27, 2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

How much and when can we get one ?
The EzOSD will be priced competitively with the other offerings, although final pricing has yet to be determined. It will be available early Q1/2009 and small sample quantities to a select few users prior to that (the usual suspects), actually, there's a few beta units circulating already.

Cheers,

Sander.

#6 ssassen Nov 27, 2008 10:20 AM

Oh, before I forget, this is designed pending future compliance by the AMA and has a whole slew of warnings and fail safe mechanisms built in as to comply with many regulations. This includes for example call sign transmission for HAM licensed users, altitude and distance warnings, etc. etc. Also the whole design has undergone strigent RF, HF and CE/FCC compliance testing, to make sure it does not interfere with other equipment in the model.

Cheers,

Sander.

#7 mdw21 Nov 27, 2008 10:28 AM

Sounds good
One more question, does it have true airspeed ?
Or just ground speed ?

#8 typicalaimster Nov 27, 2008 10:30 AM

When I was running everything RS-232 (serial) I just split the serial output of the GPS. One went to my OSD, the other one went to a Maxstream back down to the ground. I was using TopoFusion at the time for the moving map. I haven't done the research on TTL output. I should look into splitting that output signal and do the same.

#9 massimo Nov 27, 2008 10:49 AM

Hi to all ,
dear Sander, please let me know other info about the antenna guidance.
Thanks in advance.

#10 VRflyer Nov 27, 2008 11:12 AM

That's impressive.
I don't have a laptop, is it possible to use the antenna alone?
does it have a video output so we will see directly the analogue video, or the video must pass first in the computer and we plug the goggle in the video card of the computer?

#11 AnthonyRC Nov 27, 2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VRflyer
That's impressive.
I don't have a laptop, is it possible to use the antenna alone?
does it have a video output so we will see directly the analogue video, or the video must pass first in the computer and we plug the goggle in the video card of the computer?

No PC required for the antenna, the hardware decoder just requires power, and a link to the receiver.

#12 Funjet2008 Nov 27, 2008 11:29 AM

I want one now... :)

#13 pratorian Nov 27, 2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funjet2008
I want one now... :)

me too

#14 ssassen Nov 27, 2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Or just ground speed ?
The GPS data is used for calculating speed, hence ground speed.

Cheers,

Sander.

#15 VRflyer Nov 27, 2008 12:15 PM

Would I need to buy a recent laptop if I want to use one?

If not, what would be the minimum requirement in the laptop would I need to buy?