RC Groups

RC Groups
    Banana Hobby
        Rave Poor man's story

#1 leethetreeguy Nov 07, 2008 02:46 PM

Poor man's story
 
I do not have alot of money. I am a professional tree climber. I work really hard and risk my life everyday. So this is probably not a good hobby for me. I saved up, and finally had enough money to buy a cheap heli. After searching the internet for days, maybe weeks, I decided to go with bananahobby. I found what I thought would be the copter for me, and ordered it. The next week, on a saturday, it arrived. I was so very excited. Charged up the lipo. And prepared for the maiden flight. No go. Not even a hover. Turns out I had a defective part. And to make matters worse, destroyed the blades in the act of narrowing it down. Had no money for parts, so I thought it would just sit on the counter and look pretty. But Pete at bananahobby heard of my problem and wanted to help. We communicated, freguently, and figured out what the problem was. Then get this, he mailed me what I needed to fix it. Can you believe it? That's going above and beyound the call of duty in my book. Cause it was not bananahobby's fault, and I told Pete that. Still the parts arrived and now it fly's like a dream come true. I know I'm in the learning phase, but not a crash yet. Ok, one kinda hard landing, in a panic. But no damage. So this thread is to say a big thank you to bananahobby. And to Pete. Cause without him, I would be dead in the water. I wrote this so all of you out their in cyberworld, that wants to buy online, go with bananahobby. The customer service is way above what I really expected. The prices are the lowest I've seen, and I looked. 5 stars from a poor man, who plans to save more money and buy from them again. -Lee :)

#2 banana hobby Nov 07, 2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leethetreeguy
I do not have alot of money. I am a professional tree climber. I work really hard and risk my life everyday. So this is probably not a good hobby for me. I saved up, and finally had enough money to buy a cheap heli. After searching the internet for days, maybe weeks, I decided to go with bananahobby. I found what I thought would be the copter for me, and ordered it. The next week, on a saturday, it arrived. I was so very excited. Charged up the lipo. And prepared for the maiden flight. No go. Not even a hover. Turns out I had a defective part. And to make matters worse, destroyed the blades in the act of narrowing it down. Had no money for parts, so I thought it would just sit on the counter and look pretty. But Pete at bananahobby heard of my problem and wanted to help. We communicated, freguently, and figured out what the problem was. Then get this, he mailed me what I needed to fix it. Can you believe it? That's going above and beyound the call of duty in my book. Cause it was not bananahobby's fault, and I told Pete that. Still the parts arrived and now it fly's like a dream come true. I know I'm in the learning phase, but not a crash yet. Ok, one kinda hard landing, in a panic. But no damage. So this thread is to say a big thank you to bananahobby. And to Pete. Cause without him, I would be dead in the water. I wrote this so all of you out their in cyberworld, that wants to buy online, go with bananahobby. The customer service is way above what I really expected. The prices are the lowest I've seen, and I looked. 5 stars from a poor man, who plans to save more money and buy from them again. -Lee :)


Lee, there is no such thing as poor man in my book! We each are in our own financial area and we are as rich as we see ourselves! As long as you are happy with your life and take the time to enjoy a hobby, thats all we can ask for! I thank you for your post here and I appreciate being able to serve you. I wish ya many happy flights and don't ever hesitate if you have any questions to message me!

Pete :)

#3 Frankus Nov 08, 2008 03:41 PM

Very impressed, this is the sort of feedback that puts a company well and truly above the rest, big thumbs up to you Pete as here in the UK most Internet based companies are almost impossible to speak to, and if you have a problem you nearly always have to turn nasty with them before they decide to give you any support.
Respect!
Frank

#4 leethetreeguy Nov 08, 2008 05:15 PM

If it wern't for Pete, I wouldn't have flown today. But because of Pete, what fun I have had. Thank you again and again, Pete. -Lee

#5 bluemeane Nov 09, 2008 11:22 PM

Yes!!

Pete truly is the man!!

And he has made Banana hobby quite the place to buy planes, heli's boats and cars from.

Thank again Pete.


Jeff

#6 banana hobby Nov 10, 2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankus
Very impressed, this is the sort of feedback that puts a company well and truly above the rest, big thumbs up to you Pete as here in the UK most Internet based companies are almost impossible to speak to, and if you have a problem you nearly always have to turn nasty with them before they decide to give you any support.
Respect!
Frank


Thanks for the post Frank! Its smiles on your faces that makes my work all worth while!

Pete :)

#7 banana hobby Nov 10, 2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leethetreeguy
If it wern't for Pete, I wouldn't have flown today. But because of Pete, what fun I have had. Thank you again and again, Pete. -Lee

Glad you are out enjoying it!

Pete :)

#8 banana hobby Nov 10, 2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemeane
Yes!!

Pete truly is the man!!

And he has made Banana hobby quite the place to buy planes, heli's boats and cars from.

Thank again Pete.


Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

Pete :)

#9 vq35721 Nov 12, 2008 01:32 PM

Pete is the man but, too bad he aint selling the airframe kits only :-( Lol

#10 Sammy70 Nov 13, 2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vq35721
too bad he aint selling the airframe kits only :-( Lol

I agree :D C'mon Pete, get them ARFs in stock!@!

#11 b_carleton Nov 17, 2008 09:26 AM

In Banana I trust.
 
Being at first hesitant about sending an order to Banana Hobby,
I have since changed my mind after reading all the good things
on this forum. Sounds to me like one man has saved a business.
Therefore I ordered the Super Easy Fly motor glider.
I have a throwing arm which has seen better days and the 7.2
ounce per square foot is lighter than any sailplane I've studied.
That's what made up my mind. :)
Although I'll probably be changing the radio system later on, the
3000 foot range on the stock system seems powerful enough as is.
Does any one know how the controls are set up on the stock radio ?
Is it Ailerons and elevator on the right stick ? Throttle and rudder
on the left ? If so I may keep the stock radio system.
Winter's coming fast here in New Hampshire but even if the ground
is covered with three feet of snow and thermals are nothing more
than a fond memory, I WILL be test flying it when it arrives.

#12 Frankus Nov 17, 2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_carleton
Being at first hesitant about sending an order to Banana Hobby,
I have since changed my mind after reading all the good things
on this forum. Sounds to me like one man has saved a business.
Therefore I ordered the Super Easy Fly motor glider.
I have a throwing arm which has seen better days and the 7.2
ounce per square foot is lighter than any sailplane I've studied.
That's what made up my mind. :)
Although I'll probably be changing the radio system later on, the
3000 foot range on the stock system seems powerful enough as is.
Does any one know how the controls are set up on the stock radio ?
Is it Ailerons and elevator on the right stick ? Throttle and rudder
on the left ? If so I may keep the stock radio system.
Winter's coming fast here in New Hampshire but even if the ground
is covered with three feet of snow and thermals are nothing more
than a fond memory, I WILL be test flying it when it arrives.

I can relate to your comment about winter arriving! here in the UK it seems we are having a permanent winter, and I have taken my sebart sukhoi 29s out twice in windy weather and both times damaged it! hence I have now ordered an F117a Stealth from Pete at Banana, which hopefully will be in stock soon and yes it WILL get a test flight too!
Regards Frank

#13 banana hobby Nov 17, 2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_carleton
Being at first hesitant about sending an order to Banana Hobby,
I have since changed my mind after reading all the good things
on this forum. Sounds to me like one man has saved a business.
Therefore I ordered the Super Easy Fly motor glider.
I have a throwing arm which has seen better days and the 7.2
ounce per square foot is lighter than any sailplane I've studied.
That's what made up my mind. :)
Although I'll probably be changing the radio system later on, the
3000 foot range on the stock system seems powerful enough as is.
Does any one know how the controls are set up on the stock radio ?
Is it Ailerons and elevator on the right stick ? Throttle and rudder
on the left ? If so I may keep the stock radio system.
Winter's coming fast here in New Hampshire but even if the ground
is covered with three feet of snow and thermals are nothing more
than a fond memory, I WILL be test flying it when it arrives.


I appreciate your post! Thank you for trusting in me and BH. :) The radio gear is set up standard mode 2. Throttle and Rudder on the Left stick and Elevator and Aileron on the right stick. The Stock radio does the job really well. Please always range check it before flying of course. If you plan on doing any high altitude thermal soaring, I suggest going to like a 2.4 system. She thermals really well. Power assisted thermal soaring is so much fun! If you have any issues with the product, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Pete :)

#14 leethetreeguy Nov 17, 2008 06:33 PM

The outcome of my dealings with bananahobby.com
 
Hey guys and gals, here I am learning and trimming my esky co-comanche. Hope you all enjoy. By the way, I now have it so that it is rock solid dead stick hover for awile. I won't say 7 min., but I will say I did it at eye level and set the transmitter down for ohh 15/20 secounds. YEA!!! I am having a blast. And now I'm trying the funnel manuver. Wish me luck. out -Lee

#15 leethetreeguy Nov 17, 2008 06:33 PM

The outcome of my dealings with bananahobby.com
 
Hey guys and gals, here I am learning and trimming my esky co-comanche. Hope you all enjoy. By the way, I now have it so that it is rock solid dead stick hover for awile. I won't say 7 min., but I will say I did it at eye level and set the transmitter down for ohh 15/20 secounds. YEA!!! I am having a blast. And now I'm trying the funnel manuver. Wish me luck. out -Lee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1zCQjeARPMopps forgot the vid. lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.