RC Groups

RC Groups
    North Coast Electric Flyers
        Discussion Where do you get your L.E.D lights?

#1 MTXMUGEN Sep 02, 2008 11:10 AM

Where do you get your L.E.D lights?

I remember someone a while back (i think it was Don) posting a website that sold cheap LEDs in several different colors. im looking to make a LED board for the tail light and some neon green ones to light up the rest of my motorcycle. i googled stores and couldent find really anything good. Where do you buy your LEDs?

Thanks
Eric

#2 Oper8rAl Sep 02, 2008 07:41 PM

Check on E-Bay. I got a bunch of leds cheap a while ago for a micro-controller project I did. I don't remember who I got them from from but he was in PA and got them to me very quickly. I will try to check and see if I can find the seller but it has been a couple of months.

#3 Newtron Sep 02, 2008 07:43 PM

Last year I've bought some at Radio Shack. They had a drawer full of them, various sizes, colors and voltages.

Tim

#4 The Don Sep 02, 2008 07:48 PM

http://superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

#5 Oper8rAl Sep 02, 2008 08:03 PM

Radio Shack has them but the price is not right if you are looking for any kind of quantity. Maybe check out Jameco or Digikey.

#6 ChickenStick Sep 03, 2008 07:37 AM

Same place as Don.

I also got some from an electronics supplier (Jameco), but it is much more confusing to sort out which ones are appropriate - and the price isn't much lower.

- Cliff

#7 MTXMUGEN Sep 03, 2008 12:23 PM

Thanks for the replys. im going to order some LEDs once i have a few extra $$ scraped up. books were expensive

#8 IBCrazy Sep 03, 2008 10:46 PM

Eric, how many more do you need? I have drawers full of them. IF you need a whole lot, Ebay has a store that is stricly an LED shop. That's where I got lots of mine.

Another thing you could do is register with Fairchild Semiconductor and apply for free samples. Use your school Email and they'll likely have no problem sending them to you. That's what I did in college.

-Alex