RC Groups

RC Groups
    Slope
        Discussion Temple Hill Flyers- POST WEEKLY REPORTS/INFO+PICS&VIDS

#1 Think4WD Aug 13, 2008 10:16 PM

Temple Hill Flyers- POST WEEKLY REPORTS/INFO+PICS&VIDS

Hey guys my name is matt, i new on this site and I live in so-cal and i frequently fly my wing up at temple hill. I was looking for some guys (or girls preferably haha) who would like to meet up regularly to dogfight. Anyone interested post up and let me know

#2 wylchyl Aug 13, 2008 10:33 PM

It won't be long...

Huh.., I'm surprised you're having to post for Temple combat buddies. That hill is usually loaded with foamies in the afternoons. I bet it won't be long before you've got plenty of company to go to battle with! :)

Have fun! Raul

#3 Think4WD Aug 13, 2008 11:43 PM

Yea i go there in the afternoon during the week and its usually empty and I have been going there for about three years now. I know the weekends are busier but im usually working. I would like to get a regular group going you know.

#4 slopepilot Aug 14, 2008 11:16 AM

i like flying there too..but i dont like the 22 minute walk(i timed it) especially in the heat..with 4 planes 2 Tx and an ice chest..i prefer the drive to the launch area ,park, get out and fly....like little mountain..we have combat sessions in between flyin the glass ships..and a after sunset session is always a must...c'mon up..Dave

#5 Think4WD Aug 14, 2008 09:27 PM

sounds fun

Where is little mountain? There is a way to drive to the top of temple hill also just dont get caught haha. But yea thanks for the invite how far a drive is it from temple hill?

#6 slopepilot Aug 14, 2008 09:47 PM

little mountain directions

do a mapquest for shandin hills golf course...in san bernardino..its on little mountain drive..from there go north thruogh the little cut through of the hills and make a right turn at the peak on the only road that is capabe of a right turn..follow the graded smooth road to the antennae tower and take a right,down the hill 100 yds to the flat spot...heres the little mountain funtimes thread..see you there sunday..saturday i'll be at fermin...Dave

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839750

#7 Think4WD Aug 14, 2008 10:03 PM

How many ppl usually show up and what time r u guys there?

#8 slopepilot Aug 14, 2008 10:09 PM

lately about 8 vehiles at least..and from 2-4 peeps are showing up..its about 35 min from temple hill....use this forecaster..its at the bottom of the hill..if its blowing at least 12 form the w,wsw,sw its good and 14 + is even better..

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre...arynav_results

it has hourly and actual blah blah...check it out..im probly going tommorow at 4-5...didyou check the LM thread?

#9 Think4WD Aug 14, 2008 10:25 PM

yes i did thank you very much. Do they have something like that forecaster for temple? I have my own methods of telling but something like that would be nice.

#10 slopepilot Aug 14, 2008 11:37 PM

go to the www.theweatherchannel.com and click on the golf course tab or schools etc. whatever is closest to the hill and that should suffice....i'll be at LM on sunday at 2-3...Dave

#11 Think4WD Aug 14, 2008 11:50 PM

whats the heaviest wind you usually fly in? And how long u gonna be up at little mountain cause i work at disneyland and ill be off at 130 then im gonna trek up there so i prolly wont be there till more like 3ish.

#12 slopepilot Aug 14, 2008 11:58 PM

perfect time to arrive....usually we have a 20 mph avg...add 5-7 mph to the golf course weather report

#13 Think4WD Aug 15, 2008 08:41 PM

this weekend

anyone not going to fermin on saturday down for temple hill on saturday?

#14 slopepilot Aug 16, 2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Think4WD
anyone not going to fermin on saturday down for temple hill on saturday?

tell your boss you have little mountain prayers on sundays..... ;)

#15 Warren Peterson Aug 16, 2008 03:45 PM

yes

I will be up around 3 at T.H. :cool: