RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk
        Discussion Full size electric aircraft at EAA Fly-IN..time to start on a full size F-22;)

#1 Ed Waldrep Aug 03, 2008 06:21 PM

Full size electric aircraft at EAA Fly-IN..time to start on a full size F-22;)

Interesting article, http://www.airventure.org/2008/8sun3/raspet.html

I think I'll start on a full size F-22 tomorrow, with 6 inch wide and deep panel lines :rolleyes: so that the arf F-22s will be scale. And yes, you'll have to buy it with a cheap 4 ch transmitter :censored:

#2 hole digger Aug 03, 2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Waldrep
Interesting article, http://www.airventure.org/2008/8sun3/raspet.html

I think I'll start on a full size F-22 tomorrow, with 6 inch wide and deep panel lines :rolleyes: so that the arf F-22s will be scale. And yes, you'll have to buy it with a cheap 4 ch transmitter :censored:

Ed, I'll take one only if I can get it RTF with the Chinese servos and those BIG esc's they make. Do you plan on using a 3s pack or will I have to purchase my own? BTW how do you plan to ship? :eek:

hd

#3 grenadapult Aug 05, 2008 12:43 PM

Do you think he rewound a ceiling fan for that? Is that possible? Maybe a servo and a dimmer switch?? Hmmmm.

#4 lavochkin Aug 05, 2008 01:10 PM

Does it have scale wire gear? Eh it doesnt matter, "You cant see it in the air". LOL!!
I wont be happy unless those panel lines are as deep as goodyear tire treads. Cause those are scale. Real jets have them that deep....Honestly!!! :rolleyes: They store their wrenches in them along with there amazing aerodynamic improvement capabilities. ;)
I hear you Ed!!!! Some of these guys are something else eh?? :p

#5 GRX Aug 05, 2008 01:35 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2361/...bb9896.jpg?v=0

Its an Axi with Zippy-H lipos and a tsunami controller :p

#6 Lynxman Aug 05, 2008 01:58 PM

ElectraFlyer electric ultralight microlight trike (4 min 28 sec)

Re: ElectraFlyer electric ultralight microlight trike (1 min 58 sec)

#7 PhilLin Aug 05, 2008 06:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ed, you can have your full size F-22 painted in the scheme of this one, which was at EAA08 from Thurs on, though I did not see where it was parked overnight. This is 2nd year the Raptors were in the show, though last year it did not land afterwards. Show routine was quite different from previous appearance.

Phil

#8 PhilLin Aug 05, 2008 06:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My value brand camera was not fast enuf to catch the Raptor on its near sonic pass, but you can tell by the number of folks in pix who had their hands covering their ears :D Oh, the raptor is just emerging from the fin of the Berkut (& hat rim of the guy standing next to it). The engine pods definitely are more pronounced compared to the Revell 1:48 kit when viewed from beneath. (Those who need to see the Raptor on the ground can peruse K_Sonn's thread)

Phil

#9 PhilLin Aug 05, 2008 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a jet,but Bob Ruff must have had some connection with this project? ;)

#10 PhilLin Aug 05, 2008 06:53 PM

Ed, build it for twin 90s or 4"s & I'll be first on your wait list if you kit it.

Phil