RC Groups

RC Groups
    Foamy EDFs
        New Product 2008 F35 Edf 4 Ch Rc Electric Jet Rtf!

#1 USMCwarbirdfan Aug 02, 2008 10:21 AM

2008 F35 Edf 4 Ch Rc Electric Jet Rtf!
 
2 Attachment(s)
Does any one know much about this jet. Does it have good performance and how are the eletronics. Does the battery overheat and is it hard to fly because it is so small. If anyone knows anything about this aircraft let me know because I am thinking about purchasing one. :rolleyes:

It looks really scale and is not really that bad of a deal considering the price of most of the foam scale jets.

I would also like to take the itme to mention that I am sick of seeing so many ugly jets flying in the air. What happen to scale. I think some people would like it if made a plane out my dogs :censored: . I am sorry this was not directed at most of you only those individuals that are so excited about ugly aircraft.

#2 Smokescreen38 Aug 02, 2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMCwarbirdfan
Does any one know much about this jet. Does it have good performance and how are the eletronics. Does the battery overheat and is it hard to fly because it is so small. If anyone knows anything about this aircraft let me know because I am thinking about purchasing one. :rolleyes:

It looks really scale and is not really that bad of a deal considering the price of most of the foam scale jets.

I would also like to take the itme to mention that I am sick of seeing so many ugly jets flying in the air. What happen to scale. I think some people would like it if made a plane out my dogs :censored: . I am sorry this was not directed at most of you only those individuals that are so excited about ugly aircraft.


That looks like the Freewing F-35... try a search for that one.
Your concern about the battery is a valid one. Most of the 20mm motor/64mm fan jets need something like a 20C pack.

Your comment about the "ugly jets" is uncalled for. That critical attitude wouldn't be welcome with my flying crew. Just build what you like... :rolleyes:

Some people have different priorities. The GWS-15, for example is NOT scale but flies better because of the big wings.

#3 USMCwarbirdfan Aug 02, 2008 08:27 PM

Was not looking to join your flying crew! Just getting real board with nothing contemporary! Very sad when no one is building or talking about F22s or F35s.

#4 Smokescreen38 Aug 02, 2008 08:51 PM

Okay, buddy. YOu win. Nobody is building F-22s or F-35s or any of the other hundreds of jets in this forum. :rolleyes:

You're off to a great start on RCGroups!

Try this:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/search.php?

#5 USMCwarbirdfan Aug 02, 2008 09:21 PM

I made board statement that you find wildly inappropriate. Fine!! Let it Go!! You may be one of those guys with big time "RC Group" street credit. Maybe your one guys strapping a EDF on turd and flying it. Lighten up a bit and make sure bringing something cool out the field and not the same boring aircraft I been suffering through for the past three weeks. I can say I am sick discussing F-16 and F4. I am simply stating that with all new aircraft can we now please stop developing the same old jet over and over and over again. I was not directing this comment at anyone in particular.

#6 Doubletap Aug 02, 2008 09:23 PM

There are at least 2 other F-35's I know of and 3-4 F-22's. Personally, I like the Fly-Fly F-22 and the Windrider F-35. They are good sized, nice performing scale looking models, unlike the current crop of ridiculously overpriced, underperforming, pretty but cheap toy-like lilliputian sized PNP/RTF's. Everything has it's price, and these toys are just not worth $200.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867666

Doubletap

PS: and yes, I would like to see some different models too! ;)

#7 USMCwarbirdfan Aug 02, 2008 09:31 PM

Double-tap you are the man!!

Thanks you for the great information. I am really thinking about a getting a F35. I have a Sapac F22 and it is fun, but I worry about two engines because a ESC sometimes don't perform the same and the aircraft loses power and performance.

#8 Doubletap Aug 02, 2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMCwarbirdfan
Double-tap you are the man!!

Thanks you for the great information. I am really thinking about a getting a F35. I have a Sapac F22 and it is fun, but I worry about two engines because a ESC sometimes don't perform the same and the aircraft loses power and performance.

Have you had a chance to check out the Windrider F-35 thread? It's a good sized model that will take a 70mm fan AND it will be molded of a resilient foam similar to EPP and Multiplex's wonderful Elapor (like the Twister).

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=665766&pp=50

The Fly Fly F-22 takes a single 90mm fan and is just an awesome flyer.

Check out the video on this page: http://www.extremerc.com.au/F22_90mm.htm
Thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690378

Doubletap

#9 USMCwarbirdfan Aug 03, 2008 12:11 AM

I looked at the F35 you suggested it lloks great and I will most likely go with that aircraft rather than this one we have been discussing.

Thanks for the help Doubletap.

#10 ozzi supercub Aug 03, 2008 01:57 AM

Mark at ExtremeRC has great video of the little F-35 on 4S. It is fast.
F35 LIGHTNING from Extreme RC AUSTRALIA (2 min 46 sec)

#11 USMCwarbirdfan Aug 03, 2008 10:37 AM

Oz I wonder if that is RTF or an upgraded aircraft. It sure flys and looks good. It really looks like it is producing some high speed maybe 100 mph. or so.

#12 space 1 Aug 03, 2008 06:28 PM

edf ufo
 
1 Attachment(s)
beauty is in eye of beholder ps twister xpd-8

#13 ozzi supercub Aug 03, 2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMCwarbirdfan
Oz I wonder if that is RTF or an upgraded aircraft. It sure flys and looks good. It really looks like it is producing some high speed maybe 100 mph. or so.

He replaces the stock fan with a GWS EDF64 and one of his inrunners. I have one of them in my Arttech F-18 and it puts out about 800g of thrust on small 4S. Check out www.extremerc.com.au.
He really knows his stuff.

#14 Ed Waldrep Aug 03, 2008 06:46 PM

I doubt any of the RTF or ARF 65mm jets out there will do 100 mph with the stock setup. You'd need probably 500 watts to do that, and no gear. I'd say most of these on stock 3s setups will do 55 to 65 mph, slightly faster with no gear.

#15 USMCwarbirdfan Aug 03, 2008 07:25 PM

Oz do you think this F-35 is worth it or not? I do not like tailrons which are on the other suggested F-35. I like the price and the scale look, but I am sure that the electronics are cheap junk.

Twister that aircraft at my airfield would most likely be shot out of the sky with shotgun.

We are alittle strange and sometimes get very destructive and use our a AR15 and shotguns on our cheap aircraft. Its all very democratic and fun, as far which aircraft get selected to run the firing line.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.