RC Groups

RC Groups
    Parkflyers
        Question SkyArtec Cessna 182 1530kv motor

#1 psvpilot59 Jul 30, 2008 02:21 PM

SkyArtec Cessna 182 1530kv motor

Hi Guys,

I have had my C182 for several weeks now, but although all controls work ok, I cannot get the motor to work. I have tried with 3 different transmitters. My main Tx is a Futaba ff9. It has a new ArtTech 6 channel dual conversion receiver and compatible crystals. All I get when connecting the lipo is...music? and beeps. Is there any way of checking that the motor is not a dud? I've already had to return a Corona receiver to Hobby City at a cost of around $10.00 so I hope I don't have to send this motor back! Tx battery and C182 Lipo both fully charged. I already did all the Mods as advised by LOBO and I really want to get this plane in the air.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Louie

PS: I'm a Scotsman living in Yorkshire UK.

#2 Orion Pax Jul 30, 2008 07:22 PM

Man I wish I could help. I know that Hobby City offers a device that allows you to program the esc and possibly that is all you need to get the motor to function. I would suggest disconnecting the motor and to try it on a different esc but I know that the motor is hard wired to the esc. So sadly I have no other options for you. Hopefully someone else can chime in here to help you out more.

Orion

#3 Sammy70 Jul 30, 2008 08:15 PM

re

Louie,

Do you have any other esc's or motors from another aircraft? It could be a bad Rx circuit, esc or motor--although you probably already knew that :( Simplest/quickest would be to swap out each of those 3 items one at a time. These brushless motors run on a/c current, so I suppose you could cut the motor free from the esc wires and check the a/c output from the esc with a mutlimeter. If all controls work, and esc makes music the most likely problem would in fact be the motor, so why not just order/purchase a similar motor for about $10 and give it a shot?

Let us know what you find...

Sam