RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Plane Talk
        Rave Great morning of flying with the Easy Star

#1 HillRf Jul 12, 2008 07:16 AM

Great morning of flying with the Easy Star

I just got back from the local school with my Easy Star. It is a stock, RTF with a brushed motor and the HiTec Neon-SS TX.

There's something to be said about flying early in the morning. This is the 2nd time I've been there at 6AM. No wind and no people! I video taped the first flight and got some great video of the schools, football stadium, etc. With the 2nd battery and no camera I did more aerobatics (as much as you can do with the stock ES).

I just enjoyed some nice, relaxed flying. After a year of flying (almost to the date) I'm very happy with this plane and I'd recommend it to anyone.

That said, I have a kit on my building board which I'm hoping to cover in the next few days (Pat Tritle's Eugly Stick). I have a Hacker A20S and a ThunderBird 18 ready to go in it. My next project will be a SIG LT-40 kit that I'll probably start in the fall to have ready for next year. Yep, you heard it right. I'm going wet as well!

Happy Flying! :)
Bob

#2 Xpress.. Jul 12, 2008 03:53 PM

Nice to hear that. Are you liking the Hitec RCD stuff? Some people seem to hate it. I dunno why :confused:

#3 Montag DP Jul 12, 2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xpress..
Nice to hear that. Are you liking the Hitec RCD stuff? Some people seem to hate it. I dunno why :confused:

Really? I mostly hear positive things about it. I like mine.

#4 HillRf Jul 12, 2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

No complaints at all! The Neon-SS is a nice 3-channel TX.

#5 Xpress.. Jul 13, 2008 11:46 AM

Some people at my field don't like Hitec systems. They're the JR guys...

#6 Montag DP Jul 13, 2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Some people at my field don't like Hitec systems. They're the JR guys...

I wonder if they've ever actually used Hitec or if they're just elitists.

#7 appleflyer Jul 14, 2008 09:04 AM

i love my hitec optic 6 (but i like my DX7 better :D)

#8 theKM Jul 14, 2008 10:51 AM

well, if they've been in the hobby a while it's easily explained by the fact that Hitec used to be genuine junk. They shouldn't be closed minded though, because I think they've recovered to be a rather good name brand.

#9 Skyshark Jul 14, 2008 02:43 PM

Just about all I use is Hitech. I have never had a problem with their products.
HillRf
Where in Lakeville do you fly?
Jim

#10 HillRf Jul 15, 2008 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyshark
Just about all I use is Hitech. I have never had a problem with their products.
HillRf
Where in Lakeville do you fly?
Jim

The local high school complex (high school, middle school, intermediate school) has a large field between the 3 schools, about the size of 3 soccer fields. It's a great place to fly, especially early in the morning.

I also belong to the Wingbuster's Club in Halifax but I don't get there too often.

#11 Skyshark Jul 15, 2008 09:27 AM

I belong to the South Shore Radio Control Club in Bridgewater. We fly at the Bridgewater Correctional Institution. That may be closer for you. It is just a little ways up on Rt 18 from the circle at Rt 44. That's where I fly.

#12 HillRf Jul 16, 2008 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyshark
I belong to the South Shore Radio Control Club in Bridgewater. We fly at the Bridgewater Correctional Institution. That may be closer for you. It is just a little ways up on Rt 18 from the circle at Rt 44. That's where I fly.

I stopped by there during the "Light Wings" fly in but that was after the Open House at Wingbuster's and the wind had picked up quite a bit. They're actually about the same distance for me. Wingbuster's is right on the Halifax-Middleboro line so it takes me about 30 minutes to get there. It probably takes 25 to get to SS.

I'm also checking out the club in Raynham which is only about 8 miles away. I can get there in under 20 minutes.