RC Groups

RC Groups
    Xtreme Power Systems
        Link Upgrade Software and Firmware

#1 JimDrew Jul 08, 2008 10:44 PM

Upgrade Software and Firmware

This thread is for official information pertaining to software and firmware updates for XtremeLinkģ products.

Latest update for XDP/Telemetry Station software: 07/08/08.

Changes -

Added Telemetry Station hardware support. Fixed problem with XDP.exe shutting down when attempting to View/Edit the settings when the XDP or Telemetry Station was plugged into a USB hub. NOTE: these programs will be renamed at some point due to the supports for both XDP and Telemetry Station hardware.

Please see our XDP support page:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/xdp.php

#2 HarrisM Jul 30, 2008 04:17 AM

Jim just a few questions regarding telemetry software and firmware:
-Can I send in 3- and 6-channel receivers for the telemetry firmware update?
-Do I have to send in all my receivers at once, or can I send some of them now and the rest later?
-Is there any chance that I might need to send in the receivers again for the upcoming "hop on saturation" firmware update?
-How about transmitter modules? Any chance that they might need to be sent in?
-When is the telemetry software going to be ready? Next week, next month, next year? Just a rough estimate please.
-How long does it take at present for the firmware update from the moment you receive the packet until you ship it back?
-Can I specify EMS shipping for the return packet?
-Can you combine the return packet with a new order?

#3 Flep Aug 29, 2008 11:06 AM

Hello,

Will there be a firmware update for iFS products in the near future and/or an update of XPD to prove that the system is working with firmware 2.xxx?

Best regards.

#4 buzzard1 Sep 16, 2008 05:35 PM

Hi just purchased my xdp module I know I need to send my recievers back for firmware upgrade, but do I also send the transmit module ? Is there a specific address to send these to ,to be updated?
thanks

#5 Capgains Sep 16, 2008 05:53 PM

Buzzard1

I just sent mine in not long ago, and yes you will need to send in the TX module as well if it is the older version of firmware. Mine were version 1.0.

In order to send them in, you need to fill out a return for upgrade form on the XPS site in which you will list out what you are sending in. They will assign a number to your shipment so they can track it and send a return email to you.

The link for the form is in the XPD software section.

#6 buzzard1 Sep 16, 2008 08:11 PM

Capgains
Thanks for the information. Sent XPS 2 e-mails for more instruction so far no replys. Needed a little help, the form that came with the xdp module was a little vague.

#7 caotri Dec 11, 2008 10:45 AM

where can I downlaod the firmware for my RX ?

#8 JimDrew Dec 11, 2008 12:07 PM

No firmware has ever been released as nothing has changed that has not required the RF module to also be changed (which requires the unit to be sent to us for the upgrade).

#9 3ddd Dec 20, 2008 02:01 PM

jim i am not trying to start any crap but i would like to know why you have raised the price on the upgrade.i felt this was only fair of you to upgrade the system at a lower cost as this is what the system was supposed to be in the first place.29 dollars was almost ok but 39 is getting alittle out there don't you think

#10 3ddd Dec 20, 2008 06:38 PM

bump bump

#11 JetStreamJoe Jan 01, 2009 08:04 PM

how do I know what firmware I have on my system, It was purchased in mid december

#12 stick08 Jan 03, 2009 07:10 PM

firmware version 3 with some problems

Hi Jim,

After sending back and getting my system updated for version 3, I have many things that are not in accordance with the user manual, I will not fly until you can explain me the reasons, here the details:

1) On the transmitter in the Advanced programming feature I should have Red Led for power setting, or green Led for hoping mode , but I also have an orange LED what should I do with this ? if I press the program button until status led turn off ( as we did for the setting of power and hoping mode ) I have one flash green led itís the factory setting, but of What ?
2) hoping mode , Iím not an engineer I just donít want to crash my Jet plane , you suggest hoping mode from 1 to 5 just tell me which one I should use ? for me FCC / ETSI / Adaptive/ predictive is a language that didnít help me to make a right choice of setting.
3) The manual says that the receiverís status led will be Red if power on transmitter is on 1 , I test and in my system its nerver Red only green even when power is settled on 1
4) Many times the status led on the receiver is rock solid orange while the current is between 5.05 to 5.09 Volt as per the manual the Orange led should be only when current
drop to 4.4 Volt, or in case a bad servo make the current to drop , I made the test unplugging and replugging servos ( changing with 5 new Servo and used ) and sometime the status led is Green for long time and suddenly goes to Orange while the current didnít drop to 4.4v and still remain in the 5.05 Volts range.
5) I test receiver in slave and Master status : I donít see any difference it works exactly the same ! If I understand the manual a slave receiver will not work alone but only with another receiver in Master position
6) Can you give an explanation with a clear example, when should I use a slave receiver ,to resume what is a slave receiver ?

Hope to get soon clear answers to my questions in order to fly with confidence using you systeme,

Thanks and best regards,

Dan

#13 caotri Jan 04, 2009 09:13 PM

Just wonder why don't you allow user to downlaod firmware and upgrade themself?
I am in Vietnam and how can I send items back to US?
I got XDP programming device .

#14 joys11 Jan 05, 2009 01:38 PM

Update to Germany

What do you need anything from me (invoice ...) to update.
What are the costs extra (shipping?).

I come from Germany.
I have XPS hardware since about 2-3 years.

4 RX , 2 TX , 1 XDP Prog. device

#15 JimDrew Jan 05, 2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick08
Hi Jim,

After sending back and getting my system updated for version 3, I have many things that are not in accordance with the user manual, I will not fly until you can explain me the reasons, here the details:

1) On the transmitter in the Advanced programming feature I should have Red Led for power setting, or green Led for hoping mode , but I also have an orange LED what should I do with this ? if I press the program button until status led turn off ( as we did for the setting of power and hoping mode ) I have one flash green led itís the factory setting, but of What ?

This is the boot up delay. This is only required for Multiplex Profi units (or any other unit needing a delay in the future). This is explained in the manual.

Quote:

2) hoping mode , Iím not an engineer I just donít want to crash my Jet plane , you suggest hoping mode from 1 to 5 just tell me which one I should use ? for me FCC / ETSI / Adaptive/ predictive is a language that didnít help me to make a right choice of setting.

Please download the latest manual from our website. It explains the hopping modes, power requirements, and other important features. What you can use for hopping modes depends on where you are using the system (USA or otherwise).

Quote:

3) The manual says that the receiverís status led will be Red if power on transmitter is on 1 , I test and in my system its nerver Red only green even when power is settled on 1

Then you are probably not programming the power level. We have had a few people just recently set their power level to 1 (instead of the hopping mode) and ask why their receiver LED is now red.

Quote:

4) Many times the status led on the receiver is rock solid orange while the current is between 5.05 to 5.09 Volt as per the manual the Orange led should be only when current drop to 4.4 Volt, or in case a bad servo make the current to drop , I made the test unplugging and replugging servos ( changing with 5 new Servo and used ) and sometime the status led is Green for long time and suddenly goes to Orange while the current didnít drop to 4.4v and still remain in the 5.05 Volts range.

If the LED turns orange, the input voltage to the receiver dropped below 4.4v, no exceptions.

Quote:

5) I test receiver in slave and Master status : I donít see any difference it works exactly the same ! If I understand the manual a slave receiver will not work alone but only with another receiver in Master position

Not exactly. We deliberately do not explain that to you. For binding purposes, we have to call one a master and the rest slaves to prevent confusion. In reality, the receivers all work the same.