RC Groups

RC Groups
    Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models
        Discussion *Official* Parkzone Ember mod thread.

#1 HPIAdam Jul 02, 2008 02:29 PM

*Official* Parkzone Ember mod thread.
 
somone posted a thread for modding the vapor so i thought the ember needed one.

the old ember thread was filled up from stuff when the ember just came out.
so post the mods youve done with pictures and an explanation.


Ive currently done a removable wing, as well as adding some struts to the landing gear.

I would like to see a fully explained lighting mod.

#2 rc808 Jul 02, 2008 06:11 PM

Mine should be in any day now. Any pics of your removable wing?

#3 MikeBiv Jul 03, 2008 01:58 AM

Easyiest to do is to take a pair of pliers and add just a little upward deflection
on the elevator.
Will then fly hands off.

#4 HPIAdam Jul 03, 2008 03:02 PM

yes ill get a pic right now. and i will have to try that because i noticed mine needed quite a bit of up elevator trim.

#5 MikeBiv Jul 05, 2008 01:46 PM

Neutral it out first,ie set the radio so that the Trims are in the middle.

About 10 percent deflection

#6 GeneR Jul 26, 2008 07:28 AM

Hi Guys,

Just bought the parts to build an Ember with spare electronics from a vapor. I just have a few questions for those with one which came from the factory built since all I have is a set of parts.

How is the wing attached to the mounts? Did it come from the factory with tape, or glue, and what kind of tape/glue is used.

Same for the tail feathers. The horizontal stab fits over the post on the back then the fin goes. I guess some sort of glue was used but I am not sure if it was a rubbery glue or foam safe CA?

Thanks
Gene

#7 Doug Sipprell Jul 28, 2008 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneR
How is the wing attached to the mounts? Did it come from the factory with tape, or glue, and what kind of tape/glue is used.

Same for the tail feathers. The horizontal stab fits over the post on the back then the fin goes. I guess some sort of glue was used but I am not sure if it was a rubbery glue or foam safe CA? Gene

I can take some close up pics of my Ember if it will be of any help. Attached is the only one I have on file for the moment, but I should be able to get better close-ups and better orientation to the parts of the plane in which you are interested.

RD

#8 GeneR Jul 28, 2008 03:02 PM

RD,

A couple of pictures would be great. Perhaps top of wing, and top and bottom of tail?

I appreciate your help!
Gene

#9 Doug Sipprell Jul 28, 2008 08:27 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Here's a few shots that I hope will be of help.


RD

#10 GeneR Jul 28, 2008 08:56 PM

Thanks Much,

These are exactly what I need.

I appreciate your help.

Gene

#11 Doug Sipprell Jul 29, 2008 08:43 PM

Signal Range for Ember
 
Anybody know just how far out you can fly the Ember before going "out of range"?? I can haul a 5in1 video camera up to notable altitudes, 500 ft +, when attached to my Pico Tiger Moth. The camera weighs in at 23 grams. The AUW for the Ember is reported to be around 21 grams. Hmmmm.......you can see where I am going with this. Big problem initially is the range limitation for the Ember receiver.

Ideas, anyone??

Tnx in advance.

RD

#12 darksiede Jul 29, 2008 09:00 PM

Its not the Rx to worry about, the Tx is what determines your range..

If you are using the "RTF" transmitter, your range is maxed at around 300 feet..
LP5DSM seems to get me a little more range, close to 400 feet..
A DX6I should get you closer to a 1000 feet...
And a DX7 will get ya up to 2 miles..

Now, having said that.. at 400 feet, you're ember is going to be a speck just a little larger then the speck my vapor is.. at 1000 feet, you've done lost it, and at 2 miles.. well, you get the idea..

~Kev

#13 Doug Sipprell Jul 30, 2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksiede
Its not the Rx to worry about, the Tx is what determines your range..

If you are using the "RTF" transmitter, your range is maxed at around 300 feet..
LP5DSM seems to get me a little more range, close to 400 feet..
A DX6I should get you closer to a 1000 feet...
And a DX7 will get ya up to 2 miles.. Kev

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize you could use another 2.4 GHz transmitter with the Ember and its supplied receiver. Something about "bonding", etc. I am new to 2.4 GHz, even though I have a Futaba 6EX still in the box, sitting on the shelf. Presently, I am using the "RTF" transmitter supplied with the plane. Kind of "rinky dink", but it works for short range, in close flying.

RD

#14 Tim Wolff Jul 30, 2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize you could use another 2.4 GHz transmitter with the Ember and its supplied receiver. RD

AFAIK you can't. The Vapor RX is the first one that is DSM2 compatible.

#15 HPIAdam Jul 31, 2008 11:42 AM

the ember isnt vapor compatible.

i wouldnt mess with dropping it from the tiger moth but ive never had range issues


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.