RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk
        Another Luftwaffe secret weapon....

#1 XPHAM Jan 28, 2003 12:14 AM

Another Luftwaffe secret weapon....

1 Attachment(s)
Check out this pic of a stealth B-2 being chased by a couple of 'rendered' Horten Ho 9/229s.... too COOL....:)

#2 U812 Jan 28, 2003 12:22 AM

He should of put the YB-49 in there. Very cool.
Steve

#3 Plane Crazy Jan 28, 2003 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another interesting comparison of modern day jets with earlier designs. Heinkel HE P1078C and Bird of Prey.

Gordon:)

#4 XPHAM Jan 28, 2003 01:17 PM

Vintage vs Hi-tech

Too cool.... seems like the Germans had all the concepts down by WW2.... and the 'new' designs coming out are a manifestation of Luftwaffe designs, at least the more obscure concepts....:o

Phil:)

#5 U812 Jan 28, 2003 02:47 PM

But remember guys, it's was this country on record that got the first manned flight.
Steve:D

#6 gbruce Jan 28, 2003 06:50 PM

LEt's keep it accurate...the first powered, controlled, heavier that Air, manned flight.

;)

Bruce:)

Don't want to start any Flaming wars now do we...

#7 U812 Jan 28, 2003 07:06 PM

roger that.

#8 XPHAM Jan 28, 2003 07:56 PM

A few manned flights before the WBs....

1 Attachment(s)
Aviation history is always interesting....:)

#9 U812 Jan 29, 2003 02:52 AM

That's why Bruce said powered.
Steve:D

#10 Hopperfly22 Jan 29, 2003 03:28 AM

If that guy had eaten lot's of beans he could possibly considered the first attempt at powered flight. :D

#11 procrastination inc Jan 29, 2003 04:01 AM

Wasn't there a guy in New Zealand who FLEW years before the wright bros pitiful but well documented attempt?

Long sustained flights, banked turns, crashed into a hedge on every landing :)

#12 Ed Waldrep Jan 29, 2003 09:54 AM

The REAL reason the Wrights did it better

The Wrights are the ones who finally figured out that using the stock setup wasn't going to cut it. Everyone else was stuck in the 7 cell trap and using Tamiya connectors! The Wrights had a brainstorming session, and said hey, let's use 10 cells, and gear the motor. Also, lets use a PCM receiver, not those single conversion parkflyer jobs, and let's twist our servo wires and wrap them in foil, and hell let's go brushless, I wan't to be on the cover of People magazine and get a date with Elle McPhearson. Orville was puzzled at who the heck Elle McPhearson was, but went along with it anyway because the only thing on TV was Friends and he hated vapid comedies with laugh tracks.

#13 Jeff Charlot Jan 29, 2003 10:24 AM

Ed, you crack me up! :D

Procrastination.. This is interesting. Are you making a joke, or are you serious. I'd like to hear more if you have some details. Although I'm an American, I'd prefer to have my history accurate.

Jeff

#14 XPHAM Jan 29, 2003 01:14 PM

Beans eh?

Quote:

Originally posted by Hopperfly22
If that guy had eaten lot's of beans he could possibly considered the first attempt at powered flight. :D
Ha ha ha LOL....:)

Phil

#15 XPHAM Jan 29, 2003 01:21 PM

Re: The REAL reason the Wrights did it better

Quote:

Originally posted by Ed Waldrep
The Wrights are the ones who finally figured out that using the stock setup wasn't going to cut it. Everyone else was stuck in the 7 cell trap and using Tamiya connectors! The Wrights had a brainstorming session, and said hey, let's use 10 cells, and gear the motor. Also, lets use a PCM receiver, not those single conversion parkflyer jobs, and let's twist our servo wires and wrap them in foil, and hell let's go brushless, I wan't to be on the cover of People magazine and get a date with Elle McPhearson. Orville was puzzled at who the heck Elle McPhearson was, but went along with it anyway because the only thing on TV was Friends and he hated vapid comedies with laugh tracks.
So Ed, then as I understand it, Elle was at the bottom of Kill Devil Hill waiting for Orville's first attempts at sustained flight....:D

Phil