RC Groups

RC Groups
    Eagle Tree Systems
        New Product STANDALONE Altimeter and Airspeed Sensors, starting at $37.99

#1 billpa Jun 06, 2008 12:15 PM

STANDALONE Altimeter and Airspeed Sensors, starting at $37.99

Our tiny new Airspeed and Altitude MicroSensors have two modes: they work standalone with no additional equipment required, as well as connecting to your elogger for full data logging!

For standalone mode, simply plug the sensors into a spare receiver channel or small battery (3V to 16V), install the pitot tube for the airspeed sensor, and fly your model. Then, when you land, your maximum altitude or airspeed is displayed on the built-in 7 segment LED! What could be easier?

Altimeter Microsensor V4
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/images/altV4-sm.jpg

Altimeter Features:
• World's lowest cost Altimeter ($37.99 USD MSRP!)
• Aproximately 1 foot (0.3 meter) resolution
• Weight approx 4 grams (0.15 oz)
• Precalibrated – no user calibration required
• Metric or English units

Airspeed Microsensor V3
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/imag...-v3-pencil.gif
Airspeed Sensor Features:
• World's lowest cost Airspeed Sensor ($42.99 USD MSRP)
• Measures from approximately 2 MPH to 350 MPH
• Weight 4 grams (0.15 oz)
• Includes our new brass and aluminum Micro Pitot/Static Tube
• Accessible static port
• Precalibrated – no user calibration required
• Metric or English units

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/imag...-pencil-sm.gif
See your Eagle Tree Dealer or click here for more information.

#2 Bajora Jun 06, 2008 12:42 PM

Way to go Bill! Amazing prices for a couple of cool gadgets. I'll look forward to seeing them come to market this summer.

And I sure LOVE my V3 eLogger!!

#3 Al M Jul 19, 2008 08:00 AM

Does the airspeed sensor work as an altimeter also? I would think it should since it is already measuring static pressure.

#4 billpa Jul 19, 2008 03:42 PM

Hi Al,

Interesting idea! No, unfortunately that would not work too well, based on the way pressure has to be measured in an altimeter. I think it would provide altitude data in a fairly narrow range, but even that would take some effort.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

#5 Al M Jul 19, 2008 06:44 PM

Bill,

On the full scale helicopters that I have worked on the static pressure line from the pitot static probe is teed to airspeed, altimeter, and rate of climb gages. Actually there are two probes connected together and there is a restrictor in the lines to smooth things out.

Al

#6 billpa Jul 29, 2008 10:32 AM

Hi Al,

Yes, we recommend the same thing when both airspeed and altitude are mounted. The static source can be shared between both the airspeed and altitude sensors.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

#7 samol Aug 22, 2008 11:33 AM

Hi all,

What about the availability of the V3 sensors (altitude and airspeed) ?
Are they delayed as the OSD, or are they still planed for 31st of august ?

I just received my E-loggerV3 and it's a great device, now i would like to make a kind of dashboard for my FPV easystar with the LCDpowerpanel and the new sensors (my goal is to display voltage,amp,airspeed and altitude)

Thanks
Samuel

#8 billpa Aug 22, 2008 05:31 PM

Hi Samuel,

We are now looking at or before 15-September for availability. So sorry for the delay. One of the electronic components that comes from China (big surprise there) was delayed due to the olympics!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

#9 helisfreak Aug 27, 2008 11:14 AM

Hi Bill,

Will this handle the high speed launch of a discus launch glider? Or that will mess up the calibration during the high speed launch. We radar of our guy throw and it about 70mph on a launch.

Also, how does heat/temp condition effect this? We have use some other altimeter and they are all very tricky to use.

#10 billpa Aug 27, 2008 09:37 PM

Hi Helisfreak,

These sample at a high rate (100 milliseconds), so the high speed should not be a problem.

These sensors are also multi-point temperature compensated, and drift only slightly over a wide temperature span.

I think you will love them! :-)

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

#11 helisfreak Aug 27, 2008 09:47 PM

Ok, I will try one out when they come in stock. All of my buddies said it will not work well, however, I always like to prove them wrong.

:D

#12 billpa Aug 30, 2008 12:30 AM

Sounds great! Hope we prove'em wrong. :-)

Also, we are pleased to announce that the Airspeed Microsensor will include our new Micro Pitot/Static tube, and small diameter hookup hose.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/imag...-pencil-sm.gif

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

#13 carrinsr Aug 31, 2008 06:39 PM

Bill,

As you may recall I emailed you about three years ago suggesting you come out with this product (something that would measure altitude, just for those who fly sailplanes).

And as you can see from your records I was one of the very first to order one when you first announced you were going to have it available.

I'm anxious to try out the altitude indicator and see just how high I fly my Sailaire sailplanes in particular, since everyone else in our club won't fly nearly as high for fear of losing eye contact. And I can't blame them because I lost a Cirrus that way several years ago! It was found a year later. It had made a perfect landing in a vacant area in the woods. Obviously the only item that was salvaged was the fuselage, which I still have.

Glad to see you will be shipping my Altimeter Microsensor V3 soon!

David

#14 billpa Sep 01, 2008 10:51 AM

Hi David,

Thanks your your support, and kind words! We're getting close to getting these shipped.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

#15 yuri_base Sep 05, 2008 12:14 AM

Bill, is Pitot/Static tube available separately for purchase?

Yuri