RC Groups

RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Build Log Building a Brushed Super Cub with Lipo

#1 ty_horn Apr 26, 2008 10:21 PM

Building a Brushed Super Cub with Lipo

9 Attachment(s)
Here is some info on my second Super Cub. I this one set up with my dx-7 and ar6200 receiver. I am using the stock motor and gearbox with an electrifly c-35 esc. I installed the servos that came with my dx-7 microlite and plan on adding ailerons at some point in the future. As it is right now, this plane will fly inverted for any amount of time and will easily carry 7 ounces of extra weight if needed. The decals that I used were cut out of a strip of monokote trim stickers. This plane is a blast to fly. I should also mention that I use a GWS 10x6 DD prop on this plane and I am able to run it full throttle all day without the motor or esc getting anywhere past warm to the touch.

#2 cloud-9 Apr 26, 2008 11:00 PM

Ty, very good looking cub and very neat engineering. Good show.

Jim

#3 NoFlyZone Apr 26, 2008 11:48 PM

Hi Ty,

CLEAN mod, build, and color scheme!!!

Very nice work... :)

Chuck

#4 ty_horn Apr 27, 2008 03:07 AM

Thanks guys!

#5 NoFlyZone Apr 27, 2008 03:11 AM

Ty,

One of the things I admire most is what's called 'economy of line'. I guess the prime example of it is Picasso's ability to convey the most powerful sentiments.. with the fewest lines possible.

That's why I've always held that 'less is more'.

Chuck

#6 ty_horn Apr 27, 2008 03:24 AM

Are you saying that because you know that I am an art teacher :-)
I agree with you. Simplicity can really make a difference! Now what in the world are you doing up so early? I woke up because one of my kids was awake...

#7 NoFlyZone Apr 27, 2008 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ty_horn
Are you saying that because you know that I am an art teacher :-)
I agree with you. Simplicity can really make a difference! Now what in the world are you doing up so early? I woke up because one of my kids was awake...

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

That cracks me up! I had no idea, until I just read your profile.

Sort of like me preaching to the choir, huh? :)

Chuck

#8 finchkid24 Apr 27, 2008 04:37 PM

Ty, wonderful job. Can you link me to the stuff you used to make your trim scheme? I need some of that for my slow stick and I think I might re-do my SCs trim scheme.

#9 ty_horn Apr 27, 2008 09:15 PM

Here it is
http://www.monokote.com/trim.html