RC Groups

RC Groups
    Composites Fabrication
        Discussion Fuse Mould w/Integrated Stabilizers - Video How To

#1 Slow & Low Apr 18, 2008 10:44 PM

Fuse Mould w/Integrated Stabilizers - Video How To

1 Attachment(s)
I do apologize for duplicating a thread. The truth is that you can find this link in fuel warbirds, but I didn't see this composites fabrication topic when I originally posted. I've been looking at some of your threads, and I really think that you guys are the ones who will enjoy this most. I've been making a video log series on my youtube channel here http://www.youtube.com/user/b1heqh54

Please feel free to have a look and leave a comment or question. Today I made #16 from the top of most subscribed in Canada. Please take two seconds to press the subscribe button and help me to bring our hobby to the rest of the world. Thanks for the interest everyone. :)

#2 Odysis Apr 19, 2008 11:55 AM

I've watched those videos - very nice work! It's nice to have a step by step for those a little unfamiliar with the process.

It's a nice bird you're doing too.

#3 seanreit Apr 20, 2008 09:54 AM

It would be better without the computer voice, I've done a lot of molding, his methods are sound yet the video overall is quite geeky. I would say weird even.

Also, I mix a little graphite powder in my tooling resin, makes for some a tiny bit of lubrication in pulling parts later.

#4 Slow & Low Apr 23, 2008 02:14 PM

Just a quick video update today.

Well, I can see the number of views increasing still, so I'll just keep on posting! lol
I promised drama - if you like to see someone else frustrated with themselves, then this video is for you. The build is moving along, despite my best efforts to hold myself back
This is the fifth episode in the series that I'm putting together at the request of a few others who thought that they would like to see a little more detail in the mould construction, and you can see it here http://www.youtube.com/user/b1heqh54
Feel free as always to leave a comment or question - or tell me I'm crazy if you like - you won't be the first, and probably not the last - cheers everyone - enjoy

seanreit - now be nice - no one likes a hater bud

#5 Slow & Low Apr 23, 2008 02:15 PM

Just a quick video update today.

Well, I can see the number of views increasing still, so I'll just keep on posting! lol
I promised drama - if you like to see someone else frustrated with themselves, then this video is for you. The build is moving along, despite my best efforts to hold myself back
This is the fifth episode in the series that I'm putting together at the request of a few others who thought that they would like to see a little more detail in the mould construction, and you can see it here http://www.youtube.com/user/b1heqh54
Feel free as always to leave a comment or question - or tell me I'm crazy if you like - you won't be the first, and probably not the last - cheers everyone - enjoy

#6 Slow & Low Apr 30, 2008 03:22 PM

Since the last video, I've completed a couple of more sections to the mould and am moving along. I've had more than a few questions about why I chose to make the mould in so many sections. So I decided that since I'd recently completed four sections that make up the rear of the mould, I would take a few minutes to put together a quick video. I hope this helps to answer the questions, but it wasn't easy to do with the limited studio budget - lol
You can see the latest video here http://ca.youtube.com/b1heqh54
I can see that finished squadron of fuselages already! :)

Hey seanreit - legitimate question - how many cycles do you get out of the surface finish with the graphite powder?

#7 seanreit Apr 30, 2008 03:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Never thought about it, I only mold and build for my self. My guess is a mold of your caliber would get easily a hundred pulls.

I would be happy with 25 or so from this one.

I've got some F-20 molds as well. They are a bit more heavy duty.

Mix the graphite in as the coloring agent is how I do it.

#8 Slow & Low Apr 30, 2008 03:38 PM

Thanks for the pics - nice work - keep it up sir
I'm especially fond of the Kramer poster in the back!

#9 soholingo Apr 30, 2008 03:47 PM

The computer voice is absolutely killing these videos for me. I want to hear your take, but that voice... Otherwise I like the format.

seanreit, where are you getting the graphite poweder?

jay

#10 seanreit Apr 30, 2008 04:15 PM

I get it from west systems. I think it's 423 graphite powder. Small can lasts a long long time.

#11 robert harik May 02, 2008 12:48 AM

Well Done , Thank you.
I like the voice ,its like getting a tutorial from Stephen Hawking/ Darth Vader.

#12 Slow & Low May 02, 2008 04:59 AM

It seems that not everyone is getting as much enjoyment from the Hawking voice as we are Robert - I'm going to have to make some concessions I fear - lol

#13 Slow & Low May 03, 2008 04:55 PM

Paris Hilton Stops By to Lend a Hand

1 Attachment(s)
OK - so I wasn't happy with the last video that I threw together
Too much, too little, and I just wasn't happy.
Anyway, Paris Hilton owed me a favour - so check out the latest vid here
www.youtube.com/b1heqh54

I'm also putting together a little vid on the cheap vacuum system, I just put together for this project - here's a pic, let me know what you think
PS. - I purged those tanks very carefully first with air, then with water - I am not promoting this sort of thing - take them to your Fire Department and ask for their help

#14 seanreit May 13, 2008 09:48 AM

www.youtube.com/b1heqh54

That video does not work for me, anyone else?

#15 flxzcat May 13, 2008 11:45 AM

Same here.