RC Groups

RC Groups
    Foamies (Kits)
        Discussion Multiplex Mentor

#1 JeanLucPicard Apr 04, 2008 07:56 AM

Multiplex Mentor

anyone built and flown it yet?

#2 ryan_t888 Apr 04, 2008 02:06 PM

It's not in stores yet for Canada or US as far as I know.

Ryan

#3 Jurgen Heilig Apr 13, 2008 02:27 AM

Mentor thread with many pictures:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php?t=98910

:) Jürgen

#4 JeanLucPicard Apr 14, 2008 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Mentor thread with many pictures:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php?t=98910

:) Jürgen

Danke dir

#5 santeepat Apr 27, 2008 11:57 AM

Sort of... :rolleyes:

#6 SkynetAir May 06, 2008 02:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi there. I just bought one of these in the UK since they arrived last week. Not started to build it yet as I want to get all the r/c gear together first. It'll be the first R/C plane that I have used that takes standard size (s-148) servos! Quite a shock to the system.

One thing I will mention is that it's a lot wider than I thought. The fuselage, especially at the front, is SERIOUSLY PHAT. Looking forward to this one.. Makes the Minimag look tiny!

Andy.

#7 Hellsiege May 06, 2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan_t888
It's not in stores yet for Canada or US as far as I know.

Ryan

Anyone know when these might be avail in the US?

#8 DominicM May 12, 2008 02:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
After my boys and father saw me fly at a recent Club picnic a couple of weeks ago they stated an interest in learning to fly. So knowing that Multiplex had just brought out their Magister replacement, the Mentor, I went for one of those.

I worked with the sprogs on Sunday afternoon and it was all done by early evening. You have to admire Multiplex. They really do think through the design of their recent kits. They go together in a snap. I went for Multiplex power setup and servos.

Also personalised by adding pics of the new budding pilots.

Maiden flight this weekend.

#9 SkynetAir May 12, 2008 03:59 PM

Good luck with the Maiden, let us know how it goes..

I'm still contemplating what motor to get etc, and what servos.

Andy

#10 keffer May 16, 2008 07:34 PM

I just spoke with a Hitec rep. at the MWE Spring Fling in San Diego. Saw the Mentor fly with the AcroMaster motor, flies very nicely! He said they ARE currently on a boat to the USA. Slow boat but on their way (I have considered having one shipped from the UK). He estimated 40 days to the shops. :D

Jim

#11 Xpress.. May 16, 2008 08:45 PM

Sweet, so I'll get to see the new line of multiplex planes tomorrow while working with the DW guys :D

Only 40 days to go? I'm marking that on my calendar.

#12 DominicM Jun 01, 2008 12:26 PM

Have had the Mentor a couple weeks in the air now and I can't say enough good things about it. It's great as a trainer and can be thrown around for mild low aerobatics. Flies nice and slow inverted. Really there's not a lot it could not teach a total novice. Well done Multiplex but what we really need is a 30% Yak 54 or Extra 300S made from Elapor!

I carved out the intended servo hole for the tow and dropped in my PureDigital Flip camcorder. So easy. Here's the vid I took today of our flying site.

Aerial View of the FDMAC Flying Site : Ditchit (3 min 2 sec)

#13 DominicM Jun 04, 2008 10:34 AM

Can someone help me out? I've lost the canopy for my Mentor. Came off at 200 feet and could not find it. Cannot find anyone in UK who can supply a replacement. Any help appreciated.

#14 flamehead Jun 05, 2008 02:15 PM

Getting Multiplex parts

If you look up the part number on the Multiplex website and give it to Sussex Model Centre (or any good model shop) they'll order it in for you. I say SMC because I got them to order other Multiplex parts for me and it worked well, the parts took 2-3 weeks to arrive and SMC only charged me when they got the parts from Germany.

#15 DominicM Jun 05, 2008 02:19 PM

Did talk to Sussex Model Centre. They took my card number and said they would have it to me by last Friday. I called Monday to follow up because had not arrived and they said Multiplex had no spares even in Germany. Would only be available after next production run. Very disappointing service. In the past they have been very good.

So I emailed West London Models. They asked for part number and told me they should be able to get it in 2 weeks.