RC Groups

RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Cool Project "CP Expansion" update

#1 lmopar69 Mar 28, 2008 10:50 AM

Project "CP Expansion" update
 
3 Attachment(s)
So, we had some "saftey classes" this morning.. manditory stuff ya know. Then we spend the afternoon workin on our current project. Things are lookin pretty good.

yes, before you ask, we framed it all out in 2x6's. The class 4 yard had no 2x4's. So, its gonna be one strong building!

Tomorrow, sheeting and electrical... oooh fun.

More pics will come after some more progress.

Laine.

#2 kmopar69 Mar 28, 2008 12:27 PM

You guys have been busy today! Great work!

#3 chuckand Mar 28, 2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmopar69
So, we had some "saftey classes" this morning.. manditory stuff ya know. Then we spend the afternoon workin on our current project. Things are lookin pretty good.

Laine.

Is that the Hookah lounge?

Chuck (in Aaaala Baaama)

#4 RCMC Mar 28, 2008 02:27 PM

Laine,

Somehow I don't think that nice looking framing lumber came from the local Home Depot or Lowes.

Great job and keep the faith. We are all thinking about you.

Ralph

#5 Conehead Mar 28, 2008 03:48 PM

Holy cripes, we got construction engeneers flying chopers!! Wow.When you get back you can get your card and go into construction. You will be able to do it all. Pound nails, wire buildings, do roofing, you can do it all. Never did figure out how to do rafters.

At least your safe.

I kept checking to see about the "next" batch of pictures.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.

#6 lmopar69 Mar 28, 2008 11:13 PM

Thanks guys. The "lounge" will be the next project. You'll see.

As for the lumber, well, it acctually came from the states somewhere, just takes awhile to get here. All I know is that I went through heck to get it! But, I got it and thats all that matters.

As for going into construction, nah, I think I'll pass. I have license and expereience on tons of heavy equipment, cranes, fork lifts, trucks, dozers etc... Now I also have a commercial pilots license. Dont think full time construction is in my future at all. Im gettin too old for this stuff! My shoulder is killin me from swingin a hammer!

Well, we'll see what gets done today. Probably finish a bit of framing, and start the wiring and what not before we sheet it all.

Laine.

#7 AEOTech Mar 29, 2008 12:09 AM

very interesting! I would like to visit the bazzar posted in your blog if the country is safe enough. :D many interesting items on the market, as if they are all artworks.

Jon

#8 mohillbilly Mar 30, 2008 05:17 AM

Laine,

I know all to well what you had to go through to get that stuff! That was one of my collateral duties while I was there. Try being an E-5 trying to do all that paper/foot work!

#9 quando Mar 30, 2008 12:19 PM

It's eaiser for an E5 than it is for an officer! The enlisted men run the show, as far as supplies go. They always know where everthing is, or they can find out! At least, that's the way it was when I was in.
Ray

#10 lmopar69 Mar 30, 2008 12:26 PM

Yeah, its not an easy task to get stuff like that. The only thing that saved me is that I told folks if they want a ride, come on down and we would hook them up. You would be surprised how well the thought of riding in a Blackhawk will change peoples mind!

Took me more than 2 weeks of legwork to get all the lumber though. Lots of signatures, walking, etc... But, in the end, as usual, I prevailed!

Laine.

#11 kmopar69 Mar 30, 2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohillbilly
Laine,

I know all to well what you had to go through to get that stuff! That was one of my collateral duties while I was there. Try being an E-5 trying to do all that paper/foot work!

Laine knows just what it is like to be an E-5 and an E-6 and trying to do all of that stuff, he has done it. Two tours in Iraq and he got it all done then too. He has only been an officer for 2 1/2 years.

Kristy

#12 kmopar69 Mar 30, 2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmopar69
Yeah, its not an easy task to get stuff like that. The only thing that saved me is that I told folks if they want a ride, come on down and we would hook them up. You would be surprised how well the thought of riding in a Blackhawk will change peoples mind!

Took me more than 2 weeks of legwork to get all the lumber though. Lots of signatures, walking, etc... But, in the end, as usual, I prevailed!

Laine.


Man! I want a ride!

#13 mohillbilly Mar 30, 2008 07:51 PM

Same here! They wouldn't let us while we were there because one of our guys did it would out telling anyone...

#14 vettebob Mar 30, 2008 07:54 PM

Send me some info and I and I'll give you some R/C mags when I get there. Bob

#15 Keith43221 Mar 30, 2008 10:48 PM

Laine,
Did become an officer from enlisted through an Officer Training School or the such?
Keith.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.