RC Groups

RC Groups
    The EAST R/C "SPOILER SCHEME" Contest
        Discussion The EAST R/C "Spoiler Scheme" Contest

#1 EAST RC Mar 17, 2008 09:04 AM

The EAST R/C "Spoiler Scheme" Contest

3 Attachment(s)
Alright Guys & Gals,

Here it is! The Contest of Contests! We wanted to do something different and fun for this airplane and get some other modelers involved with the production process. You are going to design a color/trim scheme for the East R/C "SPOILER" ARF!

Rules/Guidelines:
Design 1 color scheme and submit it to the thread. After a 20 day period (April 5th at 10:00 a.m.) we will review all color schemes posted within the thread. We will then choose our top 4 favorites and Jim T. will choose his favorite, for a total of 5 "Finalist" schemes. Those 5 schemes will be posted together and the voting will begin and continue for a 10 day period (voting ends April 14th). The color scheme at the end of the 10 day period on April 14th will be the Winner, decided by the RCGroups.com community!

The Winner will receive a production version of the SPOILER in their designed color scheme and the winning scheme will be one of 2 available versions of the Spoiler, from East R/C. We will also feature you with the Spoiler in our Marketing Campaign for the Spoiler, in print and online ads. We are also throwing in Aerofly Pro Deluxe flight simulator with transmitter interface (personally paid for by me), an awesome East R/C T-Shirt and a few East R/C Vinyl Decals for the winner. All of the participants will receive an East R/C vinyl decal for hanging out with us during the contest.

Designing:
Translucent colors may be incorporated into your idea, just note it in your design. Keep in mind that the winning color scheme will have to be ironed on in a factory, by hand, like most other ARF's, so the "Mona Lisa" would be a bit tricky. Save a little room for an RCGroups.com Logo and have FUN!

P.S. Save your file in the highest resolution possible for safe keeping. We will need it if you win. If you are using PhotoShop, save your .psd, etc.

Download the 3-View from this post and have at it!

Here are a few general specifications for the SPOILER:

81" Wingspan
64" Long
1000 Sq. In. Wing Area
Flying Weight 10-12 lbs. (Depending on setup)

Radio:
4 channel minimum
Aileron-1 or 2 servo(s) per wing half (i.e. HS-5625)
Elevator-2 servo per elevator half (i.e. HS-5625 or 5645)
Rudder-1 (Pull-Pull) (i.e. HS-5625 or 5645)
Throttle-1 mini (i.e. HS-225)

Power:
90-160 2 stroke
90-180 4 stroke
20cc-36cc Gas
Hang-It R/C X5330/09, 10s, 20x12, 90amp for Electric

Link directly to the SPOILER page at the East R/C site:
http://www.eastrc.org/shop.cgi/page=estorespoiler.htm

Chris Hockaday
East R/C

Visit us at http://www.eastrc.org

#2 edge5foamy Mar 17, 2008 09:12 AM

SWEET! I will get right on it!

#3 BD Flyer Mar 17, 2008 11:31 AM

Geat! I will see what I can come up with.

#4 BD Flyer Mar 17, 2008 02:53 PM

My Entry...

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my entry. I don't have photoshop or anything like that (I used the paint program), so its not the best quality.

#5 EAST RC Mar 17, 2008 04:53 PM

Nice work Bill! That was quick! Keep em' comin'!

#6 BD Flyer Mar 17, 2008 05:14 PM

Thanks Chris. But I just noticed that I forgot to put the RCGroups logo on it... :o

#7 EAST RC Mar 17, 2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BD Flyer
Thanks Chris. But I just noticed that I forgot to put the RCGroups logo on it... :o

That's OK, Bill. As long as there is room for one in your scheme, that's what counts, and there is. All of the logo's will be on a decal sheet to allow proud Spoiler owners to place em' where they want em'.

:)

#8 randy racer Mar 17, 2008 07:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
simple, easy to see in all skys, easy to see the wing tips,easy to tell top from bottom, also looks a lot like mine. :D

randy racer

#9 foam and tape Mar 17, 2008 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well, heres mine :D :cool: Ok well its not the best but you get the Idea :)

#10 catman529 Mar 18, 2008 08:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine...wish I could do more than 1 :rolleyes:

#11 EAST RC Mar 18, 2008 08:25 AM

Looking GREAT, GUYS! Keep em' comin'!

#12 spoiler-man Mar 18, 2008 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. Hope you like it. Kenny

#13 EAST RC Mar 18, 2008 11:50 AM

Man, you guys are on it!

#14 edge5foamy Mar 18, 2008 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my entry!

It is kinda rough, cause I too only have Paint to work with, but you get the general idea.

The red would be transparent!

#15 godofcable Mar 18, 2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EAST RC
Man, you guys are on it!

I'll get one together tonight.