RC Groups

RC Groups
    3D Flying
        Discussion Fliton Mini Edge 540 or E-flite Mini Edge 540? That is the question.

#1 CGReload Feb 13, 2008 02:42 AM

Fliton Mini Edge 540 or E-flite Mini Edge 540? That is the question.

Hey guys, I cant decide so I need your help.

I recently got all the required electronics for the E-flite Taylorcraft but have decided to go with an electric 3d airplane. I have the Park 450 with the 25amp esc pro and all the other items.

So now I have to make the decision, should I go with the Fliton mini edge or the E-flite mini edge. I read that the Filton was built for outrunner motors so thats why im leaning more towards it. I also heard it hanldes the Park 450 pretty well.

Can I hear your thoughts?

Thanks

#2 Gregg28 Feb 13, 2008 05:38 AM

IMHO the Fliton Edge and Extra 330 Minis are the best flying planes in that size class. They do have a couple of build issues. Specifically, the landing gear and the wing spar need to be reinforced. Check the build threads for details. But they are fantastic flyers and the right size for your motor. I have not flown the E-Flite Edge, but I have to wonder if that is enough motor for it.

This recommendation is based on flying 3D since you posted this in the 3D forum. If you are not really flying 3D then you may want to disregard these comments.

I just checked the Horizon page and they do not list the E-Flite Edge any more.

#3 CGReload Feb 13, 2008 12:56 PM

well I went with the Fliton Mini Edge 540. Hope it gets here before the weekend.

#4 Gregg28 Feb 13, 2008 01:01 PM

Be sure to reinforce the wing spar. Very important. Also, a little reinforcement around the landing gear helps too. Look up the threads on the Extra 330 and the Edge, they both outline the necessary mods.

#5 CGReload Feb 13, 2008 02:17 PM

Thanks Gregg28,

ill be need all the help i can get! :)