RC Groups

RC Groups
    High Performance
        Discussion World Wide F5B contests/practice (Was North American F5B Practice)

#1 soholingo Jan 06, 2008 11:17 AM

World Wide F5B contests/practice (Was North American F5B Practice)

Here we go!

2012 Calendar for F5B. Please post your contests here. I changed the name so that anyone can feel free to post their dates in this thread. I will keep the main thread updated with dates.

Jay

SEFSD monthly F5B contest at the SEFSD flying field
(every third Sunday at 11am)
Open class, 10-cell, and 7-cell
Contact Steve Neu for details

#2 jsnaphook Jan 06, 2008 06:28 PM

Cool. I may actually get to see one of these events, my tour (vacation) here is almost done. Videos are nice, but nothing like seeing it live.

Juan

#3 soholingo Jan 06, 2008 07:46 PM

January 6th, Added the SEFSD F5B schedule.

#4 ShredAir Jan 14, 2008 03:31 PM

I'll add the Oregon schedule as soon as it is finalized.

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir

#5 jfseaman Apr 14, 2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredAir
I'll add the Oregon schedule as soon as it is finalized.

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir

Anything new?

#6 soholingo Jul 15, 2008 09:27 PM

Added the VA F5B contest

#7 soholingo Jan 01, 2009 07:06 PM

Wow....

Last year was pretty bad for contests. The world's looked pretty cruddy. The rules were changed and I knew of few if any local contests that went off. I guess it could be blammed on one or multiple issues from the list below:

1. The economy
2. The rule change (limiters)
3. Not enough advertising about the contest.
4. Boredom?

At any rate, I hope participation improves in the next year or so, but I think as long as the economy is down, traveling and contests will be down. I really do hope I am wrong about this.

One very bright spot would be if we had the worlds here in the states during the next outing. Short of that, I don't know what's going to get people excited to fly F5B laps...

Here is to a better 2009.

Jay

#8 flying evader Mar 03, 2009 05:03 PM

should this be 2009 now? unsticky?

#9 soholingo Mar 03, 2009 09:45 PM

are people interested in flying F5B in the United States?

#10 Kenny Sharp Mar 24, 2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soholingo
are people interested in flying F5B in the United States?

Yes. I am.

It's unfortunate that CASA is so far away from here....Otherwise, I would get out there more often.

Actually though, I doubt I'll be in much shape to fly F5B this season....or ANYTHING much this season.

Travel is a budget killer in a recession.
I wish I could commit.

#11 jjmouris May 13, 2009 07:08 PM

Hope the great American F5B powers don't mind me posting here.

Right, for anyone who didn't know. I think 20th of May has been changed to 27th due to another event being held on the 20th. Correct?

More important, Team Holland ahum ahum..... me... is going to be in the USA, LAX, San Diago area for the first week of June.

To that end hopefully there will be an extra F5B practice day on Sunday the 7th of June, incidentally my birthday. At the moment Eric, Kris, Steve are in as far as I know. We could use more!

Would be great to see all of you guys from Kiev again!

Be there or be spare!

Joe

#12 carpetbomb May 13, 2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmouris
Hope the great American F5B powers don't mind me posting here.

Right, for anyone who didn't know. I think 20th of May has been changed to 27th due to another event being held on the 20th. Correct?

More important, Team Holland ahum ahum..... me... is going to be in the USA, LAX, San Diago area for the first week of June.

To that end hopefully there will be an extra F5B practice day on Sunday the 7th of June, incidentally my birthday. At the moment Eric, Kris, Steve are in as far as I know. We need more!

Be there or be spare!

Joe

I don't have the experience, or the skills but I'd like to come watch. You referring to the field I've read about that is near Sea World in San Diego? If so, can anyone show up?

#13 jjmouris Jun 13, 2009 03:19 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Well, i could not resist posting some pictures of the great American F5B powers.

It was really amazing to finally be there, the perfect culmination to a fantastic trip.

To the guy's who came out to fly or help, thanks for coming out. To those who considered coming out or didn't make it, catch you next time.

Eric, congratulations on that well deserved 45 legger.

Joe

P.s. Jeff you didn't sign my shirt, yet. ;)

#14 Kenny Sharp Sep 09, 2009 07:16 AM

Is that a gas bag in one of those pictures?

#15 rcelectfly Sep 09, 2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Is that a gas bag in one of those pictures?

If you meant gas box then yes there is one shown.

If you really mean gas bags we who are in the pictures resent that :-)

Chuck