RC Groups
    Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)
        FS: 16 New Sanyo 600AE Nicad Cells

#1 JohnM Dec 19, 2002 06:34 PM

FS: 16 New Sanyo 600AE Nicad Cells

For Sale:
16 New Sanyo 600AE Nicad Cells
$21.00 shipped USPS Priority mail.
Please respond initially to this ad only (no emails or PM's please).

#2 Battfly Dec 19, 2002 06:38 PM

Interested, Paypal?

#3 JohnM Dec 19, 2002 06:53 PM

I can accept paypal as long as the payment is transferred from either a checking account or directly from your paypal balance. I cannot accept paypal payments transferred from credit cards. My paypal account is jgmarsh@attglobal.net

John

Quote:

Originally posted by Battfly
Interested, Paypal?

#4 bankitguy Dec 20, 2002 12:52 AM

I will take them. Let me know!

Mark

#5 JohnM Dec 20, 2002 06:38 AM

Sold, Thanks,
John

#6 retiredVTT Dec 20, 2002 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JohnM
I cannot accept paypal payments transferred from credit cards.

John

Why not? Just ask that buyer adds the small fee that PayPal charges you, which is usually under $2.00 ...easy!

Bill

#7 JohnM Dec 20, 2002 08:49 AM

It is not an issue with charging extra. Since I have never upgraded my paypal account, I cannot complete the transaction. A "Deny" button shows up and I have to deny the payment.

Regards,
John

Quote:

Originally posted by retiredVTT
Why not? Just ask that buyer adds the small fee that PayPal charges you, which is usually under $2.00 ...easy!

Bill

#8 retiredVTT Dec 20, 2002 10:00 AM

Humm...

Oh, I thought receiving payments that were charged to buyers credit cards was just standard practice with a PayPal account, one of my last transactions was with a "new" paypal customer and I would not have thought that he had already "upgraded" his account.
Anyway, bottom line is that I believe more transactions are done via cc's than accounts transfers, but I may be mistaken. I feel better that they have my CC number rather than my bank account #, although if you were doing the latter, you would set up a separate account for paypal transactions only I suppose.
Those of us outside the US have a much easier time purchasing via our CC's than by using bank accounts because the banking systems are not very compatible..

All the best for the Holidays,

Bill

#9 fw-190 Dec 20, 2002 01:43 PM

Bill,
Keep 2 accounts. One premier and one basic.
Ask the sender, if he is sending from paypal balance, get it into personal account NO FEE.

If he is sending using Credit card, get it into your premier account and ask the sender for Paypal fee of 3% + 30Cents.

You DO have to tell them your bank account, because otherwise you cannot withdraw the money you are receiving.

Happy holidays.
Maqsood

#10 retiredVTT Dec 20, 2002 03:56 PM

I was looking at this whole procedure from only a buyer's prospective as I have not as yet been a seller.....

Thanks for the info though ...

Bill

#11 Steve H. Dec 20, 2002 04:06 PM

Also, according to Pay-Pals terms of service, you are not allowed to charge any "fee" for the use of their service, or because someone used a credit card.

#12 retiredVTT Dec 20, 2002 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cue
Also, according to Pay-Pals terms of service, you are not allowed to charge any "fee" for the use of their service, or because someone used a credit card.

.......but it is done, isn't it...and some just add on a couple of bucks to what they would normally charge .....sort of another way to skin a cat .......Meow..!

Bill

#13 Battfly Dec 20, 2002 04:35 PM

Next time I'm gonna send a money order....:D

#14 fw-190 Dec 20, 2002 05:27 PM

Bill, We get ripped off more. If you get a M/O, you get exchange rate about 1.56, whereas paypal only gives 1.51, but it is the quick service that you pay for. I had a money order sent by a fellow ezoner for US$250, that got lost in the mail. After two months, he got a refund and then he used paypal to complete the deal.
So, I guess you decide for yourself.
Maqsood