RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W)
        Sold EMA brushless power pod for 3M or less gliders-like new!

#1 will_newton Dec 17, 2007 03:28 PM

EMA brushless power pod for 3M or less gliders-like new!

1 Attachment(s)
I bought this EMA power pod to go on my Supra and have used it on only a couple of occasions. It works great, it works so well that I have decided to get a fully electric Supra!

This power pod is quite capable of handling launch needs for a 3 meter or less glider and goes on quickly with no permanent changes needing to be made to the glider.

It includes the pylon, lehner brushless motor, gearbox, folding prop, and EZ-40 ESC, all prewired with Deans plugs. All you need is a free rx channel and a 3S lipo of around 2200 mah that can handle about 40 amps.

My pod has been custom fit for a kennedy composites Supra, but can be modified to fit other gliders, by simply drilling new mounting holes. I am including the Supra bracket I made.

The takeoff climb on the Supra is gentle and easily managed versus an arc-welding setup with mega motors. I never even noticed the difference in handling other than some trim differences in the elevator.

I DID notice that i was much happier not lugging out the winch battery and retrievers. Just unpack and fly!

build thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=power+pod

$375 shipped. Paypal preferrred.

Thanks,
Will

#2 Chad Sullivan Dec 17, 2007 06:09 PM

Hay Will can you practice spot landings with it? I mean as far as will it take that kind of abuse?

#3 will_newton Dec 17, 2007 08:10 PM

I don't see why not, it doesn't interfere with landings at all. If you land hard enought to break a wing or boom, then you might want to check the pod as well. :D

It is very well made and although I wouldn't make a habit of it, the pylon is strong enough to use as a handle to pick up and move the plane.

#4 will_newton Dec 20, 2007 07:32 AM

want to trade for something sailplane related?

#5 will_newton Jan 08, 2008 09:24 PM

bump for offers

#6 Chad Sullivan Jan 09, 2008 08:32 AM

Pm'ed offer