RC Groups

RC Groups
    Slope
        Discussion .......................San Diego Sloping!!!.......................

#1 wr_mizzard Nov 30, 2007 02:46 PM

.......................San Diego Sloping!!!.......................

SD slopeheads, I'm starting this thread as a "How Will I know it's You" or "......Santa Barbara Sloping......" type thread where we can post times and places we plan on flying.

ie. I plan on flying tomorrow, Saturday, December 1. Either Poway, Hodges, or Palomar College. Something like noon. Anybody else going out tomorrow?

-James
who hopes the rain stops by then

#2 Pismo Nov 30, 2007 02:54 PM

Think it'll be a bit soggy still tomorrow but I can't make it anyway. I am trying to make Poway slope on Sunday. Kevin should be there too...maybe Tom.

Jim
Hoping for clearing winds

#3 Louied Nov 30, 2007 02:56 PM

Good thread we had one in 2004. Dang thats a longtime ago..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...+Diego+Slopers

#4 raptor22 Nov 30, 2007 07:37 PM

I'll most likely be heading out to blossom tomorrow to maiden my new Thorn Light. I would love to try the new Palomar site, but I want to fly someplace familiar for the maiden.

It looks like it'll be southish early on, so I'll get there about 2.

--Alex

#5 Mark Canfield Nov 30, 2007 07:51 PM

SD Flying

Quote:

Originally Posted by wr_mizzard
SD slopeheads, I'm starting this thread as a "How Will I know it's You" or "......Santa Barbara Sloping......" type thread where we can post times and places we plan on flying.

ie. I plan on flying tomorrow, Saturday, December 1. Either Poway, Hodges, or Palomar College. Something like noon. Anybody else going out tomorrow?

-James
who hopes the rain stops by then

Hey James,
I've been talking with Ray "Rockbus" and we are definitely planning to fly tomorrow (most likely in the afternoon). Chris "Quadshot" will no doubt be up for it also. Palomar has been on our radar for some time and we're always up for a new site. . I also heard Torrey could be good. Either way let's keep in touch.

Mark

#6 wr_mizzard Nov 30, 2007 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor22
I'll most likely be heading out to blossom tomorrow to maiden my new Thorn Light. I would love to try the new Palomar site, but I want to fly someplace familiar for the maiden.

--Alex

I've been itchin' to go to Blossom...maybe I'll show up (weather permitting) and I can show you that DS spot down the way, that is if you havn't checked it out already. I'm ready to re-maiden my mini-salto after some repairs and a zagi I recovered.

-James

#7 ORANATOR Nov 30, 2007 08:46 PM

OK I'm in!

Just got permission, now where are we going and who's coming by to pick me up?

Shrike
Pica
Jaguar
Samurai
Easy Star
Red Death is still on the disabled list.

Oranator

#8 ORANATOR Nov 30, 2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor22

--Alex

What's up with this?
OldSkool Hotliner repair and slope conversion
Are you ready to maiden this one too?

Oranator

#9 raptor22 Nov 30, 2007 09:42 PM

Not quite. The thorn has been waiting even longer than the hotliner, and its a liftzone review (i.e., the review is late). I've been swamped with work for my college engineering team:

http://www.ae.uiuc.edu/aiaadbf/

--Alex

#10 howsthewind Nov 30, 2007 10:53 PM

Post where you all go in the morning. I was thinking of either Dave's beach or south del mar purely because if a rain squall comes up its a quick dash to the car! not quite the same with Hodges!!

Greg

#11 ORANATOR Nov 30, 2007 10:57 PM

If the winds a predicted to be that good, Dave's Beach is looking pretty good.

And close to home, I still have alot of cleaning to do.

Oranator

#12 howsthewind Nov 30, 2007 11:00 PM

weather channel just forecast 20-30 mph from the west for tomorrow!!!!!

#13 Wind Junkie Nov 30, 2007 11:29 PM

Hey, that's great! Wind and weekend plans coincide!

looking forward,
Joe in town from NY

(who now sees wisdom in the song "It never rains in Southern California .. man it pours)

#14 surfimp Dec 01, 2007 08:21 AM

Thread title biters! :p

Steve,
who got a little confused prior to his first cup of coffee

#15 Chief High Horse Dec 01, 2007 10:12 AM

I'm a little lost. What is happening a Torry pines today?