RC Groups

RC Groups
    Fuel Heli Talk
        Discussion Need Windshield Wipers (On the Inside...)

#1 Ah Clem Nov 15, 2007 03:16 PM

Need Windshield Wipers (On the Inside...)

I have been learning to fly backwards, inverted. This has been a particular challenge for me (thank heaven for simulators). This is done at fairly high altitude (i.e. several mistakes high) so that I have time to recover, should I screw up.

For the last two days, I have been practicing with the Knight 3D. When I was cleaning up the ship to go home, I looked at it and thought, "That's funny, I thought I cleaned the windshield".

It did not look much different after I cleaned it the second time. All of the lovely ooze that has been splattering the tail boom, frames, skids, and blades is, of course, beind drawin inside the canopy.

Anybody have a remedy for this one (aside from going electric)?

#2 Munch Nov 15, 2007 11:02 PM

can't relate to your ooze problem but I'm working on inverted backwards (learning on a trex before trying it on my raptor) and I second the sim comments. I'm finding I'm pretty good with them counterclockwise but the clockwise ones are an exercise in "catching" the thing after one failed attempt after another.

I am definitely interested in what others have to say for your dilemma since I hope to be sharing your problem shortly.

Good luck with those.

Daniel

#3 Paul Susbauer Nov 15, 2007 11:17 PM

Don't fly with a canopy on....Problem solved. :)

--Paul

#4 Ah Clem Nov 16, 2007 09:54 AM

Paul,

ROTFLMAO!!!

I guess I will not get mad about the oil inside the canopy...
(nobody likes a sore oozer...).

#5 Paul Susbauer Nov 16, 2007 03:09 PM

I guess having a little oil splattered on the inside of your canopy is just the price you pay for doing something that is so fricken sweet. :D

#6 SlowRide Nov 16, 2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Susbauer
I guess having a little oil splattered on the inside of your canopy is just the price you pay for doing something that is so fricken sweet. :D

You nailed that one Paul. :D

#7 tz250w Nov 16, 2007 04:51 PM

And here I was wondering why I suddenly have oil inside the canopy recently. Although my inverted time is limited to a few seconds and inverted backwards flight only happens if I lose the tail... :o

Now I guess I should be happy to have to hose the inside of the canopy out with alcohol after some good (for me) flights! :)