RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)
        Sold FREE to good home VINTAGE Balsa Kit "Circus Prince" - Control Line Stunt/Combat

#1 Sparkorama Jun 21, 2007 02:43 PM

FREE to good home VINTAGE Balsa Kit "Circus Prince" - Control Line Stunt/Combat

Not sure what year, but it's called a "Circus Prince" from P.D.Q. Products. Original owner says 50's or very early 60's at the latest. Never built kit with balsa/ply. I'll try to get a picture. Not even sure what to ask for it, so best offer would be fine. Balsa has signs of oxidation spots, but appears to be fine.

From the box:

27" span
class AB
100% AAA balsa
Tough Plywood
Formed Wire Gear
Hardwood Motor Mounts
Detailed, Easy to Follow Plans (plans are included and in perfect condition)
Sprightly Decal (that one cracks me up)
2 piece fuselage for easiest, most accurate, and strongest wing mounting.

P.D.Q. Products Co. Millville, N.J.

Spark

#2 johnbyrne Jun 21, 2007 04:30 PM

Did a search and for what it is worth this plane is still made new and can be bought for about $41 plus shipping.

ie
http://www.pennvalleyhobbycenter.com...rcusPrince.htm

Brodak has them for $48 too.

#3 Sparkorama Jun 21, 2007 06:38 PM

Got it. How times have changed. On the box it says $1.95. Can you imagine anyone selling a plane kit for a buck ninety-five?

Free to a good home.

I'll send it to anyone who wants it, as long as you cover shipping.

Spark

#4 stealthy Jun 21, 2007 06:53 PM

For Sale - FREE to good home VINTAGE Balsa Kit "Circus Prince" - Control Line Stunt/C

PM sent

#5 johnbyrne Jun 21, 2007 08:29 PM

WOW I thought about offering $20 shipped but figured that was too low. If you want to do something like this and stealthy doesn't take it I'll do that. At least that would give you something to pay shipping for.

#6 iamplanecrazy2 Jun 21, 2007 10:37 PM

Ouch!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnbyrne
WOW I thought about offering $20 shipped but figured that was too low. If you want to do something like this and stealthy doesn't take it I'll do that. At least that would give you something to pay shipping for.

Hey John,
Kind of stings a little to have missed out on this deal doesn't it!!
Tom :eek:

#7 johnbyrne Jun 21, 2007 11:10 PM

Nah. I was debating but I don't have a motor in this size. Better that I didn't get it really. Cheers all

#8 andrewtexas123 Jun 25, 2007 04:23 PM

If it is still avalible i could take it! Im 14 and learning to build so i need some thin cheap to work on so if i mess up its not the end of the world. I am sure it would have a good home here!

Andrew

#9 Sparkorama Jun 25, 2007 07:25 PM

Sorry Andrew, I would have been happy to get it to you but it's already sent. If I find another one or something like it, I'll send it your way. good luck.
Spark