RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W)
        For Sale Vintage JETCO Thermic '36' Glider FF towline/JetEX

#1 camperfan Apr 24, 2007 02:14 AM

Vintage JETCO Thermic '36' Glider FF towline/JetEX

I am selling a vintage Jetco THERMIC 36 Freeflight glider. I think this is a late 50's early 60's kit. It was built by me. It is completely vintage with the exception of the glue!

I have never flown it, only hung on the wall. I don't see why it couldnt fly with a little bit of balancing and trimming. High performance towline glider or power with jetex 150 engine. Break out that old jetex motor and strap it on!!! weighs 3.25 ounces with the wing lashed on with thread. Box included if you want it.

Never any abuse/repairs.

45 dollars with postage to the ConUS INCLUDED!

Paypal, postal money order accepted.

http://www.mrtraveldecal.com/ebay/jetco.JPG

#2 atjurhs Apr 24, 2007 10:11 AM

I remember building one of these as a kid. It was a nice park flyer that I put on a hand tow line, and drug around the park.

#3 camperfan Apr 24, 2007 10:33 AM

If I lived closer, I would balance/trim it out then give it a toss @ the Grand Canyon, AZ. or Crater Lake, OR. :)

#4 kzimmerm Apr 24, 2007 11:37 AM

I built one of those too... Yup.. remember it flying into a tree beyond the school ball-field. Had lots of fun with it. If I recall there is no spar in that wing.

Kurt

#5 camperfan Apr 24, 2007 11:59 AM

Thats right, no spar. Could use a piece of carbon like on the underside of the blue arrow Angel hlgs.

#6 66tbird Apr 24, 2007 08:00 PM

I Jetex'd mine twice, before it hooked the nooner boomer was gone in a minute. Man that was a long time ago. I was in my early teens at the Buckeye Nats and to stupid to use a DT. Thanks for the memory :)

#7 camperfan Apr 24, 2007 08:43 PM

you're welcome :)