RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Heli Talk
        Discussion Next steps after mastering Trex 450?

#1 rossdogarr Mar 30, 2007 02:51 PM

Next steps after mastering Trex 450?

I have officially mastered flying my Trex 450 after about a year of trials and tribulations. I have even upgraded it to a brushless outrunner motor setup and the entire machine is now carbon fiber or metal. Now that I am very comfortable with my capabilities I am looking to move into a bigger and more expensive heli as my fear of destroying it is now gone. I KNOW it is a general question and very open ended but I would like to ask for recommendations as to where to go from here. I want to stay with electric power for many reasons. I definitley fly aggressively but I am not an extreme 3D pilot and I doubt that I ever will be as it just doesn't interest me. I am however very interested in scale models in the future. Some of the helis I have been looking at are the Trex 600, the new Raptor e620,the Century line of helis, and possible even the X-Cell EP helis. Based on what I have said about where my skill set is at and where I want to go, what advice does anyone have?

#2 Gravity Victim Mar 30, 2007 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Buy your Trex 450 a BIG BROTHER. You will love the 600. I did the same thing, moved from the corona fp, to corona cp, trex 450 to the 600.
Craig

#3 RC Man Mar 31, 2007 05:14 AM

Swift
Raptor E550
Raptor E620
Raptor E620SE

#4 rcaddict#2 Apr 15, 2007 10:00 PM

I agree w/ rc man, rap-e, parts,proven design, and affordable just to name a few +'s, steer away from the cattle don't buy a trex600, or heck if ya got the money invest in the new logo 5003d, awesome bird! just make sure you do your homework!!!