RC Groups

RC Groups
    Castle Creations
        Discussion Mamba Max ESC software wish list.....

#1 Marv829 Mar 09, 2007 09:18 PM

Mamba Max ESC software wish list.....
Post what you would like to see in future versions of the Mamba Max ESC software.

Brake Reverse Type:

Forward/Brake/Reverse..... Would it be possible to have this mode use the brake power setting and the brake curve? And maybe a 0.5 second delay once the motor stops before it goes into reverse at whatever speed the reverse throttle is in at that time.

I bash on a paved surface and I still can't get enough traction to keep the rear end from locking up and sliding out because that mode brakes to hard and fast.

Or if the "Reverse Lockout" mode had an adjustable time for the "Time of Nuetral Throttle" from just going to nuetral to 2 seconds in 0.5sec increments would be a nice alternative, but I would still prefer not having to go back to nuetral like the other mode allows for before it goes into reverse.

#2 Patrick del Castillo Mar 10, 2007 01:16 PM

Great feedback!

I'll forward this link to Richard, who does software development on the Mamba. I'm sure he'd like to read this. :)


#3 adamg Mar 14, 2007 01:17 AM

How about they make it work with all brushless motors? You know, like we were told to expect well over a month ago.

#4 TheSteve Mar 18, 2007 10:33 PM


Originally Posted by adamg
How about they make it work with all brushless motors? You know, like we were told to expect well over a month ago.

I second this, before adding more features please work on motor compatibility.
By this I mean more then just adding support for Novak style wye wind motors. I'd also like to see more brake frequency options as the stock setting is useless with a Hacker C40 12s motor - it causes some very bad vibration in the motor that sounds like its ripping the gears apart. You can actually hear the brake pulses in the Max motors on the bench but they do slow a car with no issues.

#5 adamg Mar 19, 2007 10:09 AM

Steve, here's Castle's latest on that:

#6 TheSteve Jun 06, 2007 03:09 PM

Time to bump this thread - any further update on when this might be released, even if in beta.

#7 TMetalMan Jun 07, 2007 12:18 AM

Yeah, that Neu of mine is itching to run properly :).

#8 adamg Jun 07, 2007 01:15 AM

The longer I wait, the more cynical I become. My latest theory is that they are waiting for Tekin to figure the firmware out, then they will get it from them. Tekin is actively trying, and admits to continuing to be unsuccessful. If only LRP would have secured a properly ran US distributor...

#9 Finnster Jun 07, 2007 03:29 PM

Screw the sensored, I'd just be happy if the Neus ran w/o issue :)

#10 TheSteve Jan 04, 2008 01:42 AM

Patrick - any update on the new software?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.