RC Groups

RC Groups
    Dock Talk
        Discussion San Francisco Events

#1 CaptLee Feb 22, 2007 08:21 PM

San Francisco Events

The San Francisco Model Yacht Club wishes to announce the Seaway Cup events for 2007 will be held on June 23 and 24. The Sat. June 23 events will be team events, Tug and Tow and Freighter Adrift(Team) . The Sun. June 24 event will be the Tug and Barge run for individual tugs. If you need further info contact Lee Duvall CD at leeduvall@Juno.com

#2 Kmot Feb 22, 2007 08:27 PM

I just talked to my wife. I might be able to come up. Do many other spouses tag along?

#3 Boatfox Feb 23, 2007 12:00 AM

Only if they love you ..... :)

#4 Kmot Feb 23, 2007 12:56 AM

Yeah, that too. ;)

Do wives that tag along have other wives to hang out with and talk with, etc?

#5 Soar Master Feb 23, 2007 01:40 AM

Kmot,

Are you going to build a tug for the event? :)

#6 Boatfox Feb 23, 2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kmot
Yeah, that too. ;)

Do wives that tag along have other wives to hang out with and talk with, etc?

Yes....tables get set up and folks sort of stroll around. Usually one person stays by the "goods" to keep the locals from fingering the models to much. Your table neighbor can always be asked to stand watch during lunch etc...
If she likes to see different styles and skill levels with occasional talk...generally based around boat/model stuff then she'll be happy. Occasionally good conversation not based on model/boats stuff can be found, but its always a roll of the dice. She can always bring a book and a camera for the slow moments.

#7 Yam916 Feb 23, 2007 11:12 AM

Can you bring other types of ships to sail around? Like a japanese battleship perhaps?

Dimitri

#8 Kmot Feb 23, 2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

She can always bring a book ....... for the slow moments.
That is standard "gear" for my wife whenever she accompanies me anywhere. ;)

Thanks Boatfox.

Quote:

Kmot,

Are you going to build a tug for the event?
No. I was just thinking of going up to spectate and hang out and meet some of my internet friends. If the water is open for other types of boats I will certainly bring something.

#9 Aerominded Feb 23, 2007 01:37 PM

My ST-FTG and Springer will most likely be there! ;)

#10 keith S Feb 23, 2007 02:06 PM

Well as much as I would like to attend, have to work that weekend (car show) and it is just after 2 events in June up here. Will have to wait to see the pictures. :(

#11 Boatfox Feb 23, 2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam916
Can you bring other types of ships to sail around? Like a japanese battleship perhaps?

Dimitri

The normal event generally runs from 9Am-1 or 2PM. At that time the sailors are trying to get on the water and using up the frequency flags. I would guess if you came and sailed before 9AM it would be fine...after that they do allow free running during the contest, but don't really like it. Also if the freq. was needed for a contestant they would ask for it ASAP......better to come to their other events for the free sailing. That or any Sunday you like before 12 noon.

#12 Kmot Feb 23, 2007 08:00 PM

Or use Spektrum.

Q: What frequency are you on?
A: Not the one you are on! :p