RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Discussion Mini Doghouse Pictures

#1 rockom Jan 20, 2007 01:03 AM

Mini Doghouse Pictures

22 Attachment(s)
Mini Doghouse Pictures

#2 bluesman101 Jan 20, 2007 09:49 AM

Those are great pictures and a looking plane. It looks a lot like a stick...who makes it?
Keep up the great work!

bluesman101

#3 rockom Jan 20, 2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesman101
Those are great pictures and a looking plane. It looks a lot like a stick...who makes it?
Keep up the great work!

bluesman101

Thanks. The mini is a scaled down version of the Doghouse from rcrunway.
http://www.rcrunway.com/doghouseextreme.htm

I'm not sure if he's still selling kits. When I bought the kit, it came with plans that I used for the mini.

-Rocko

#4 rockom Jan 20, 2007 10:14 AM

I should add that I made some modifications. This little plane is a real handful till you get used to it. A little aileron and it spins like a top. Very fast. It drops real quick at slower speeds. You have to land it kinda hot. I think maybe it' because of the short distance to the tail? It's built like a tank. I think I could do allot to make this much lighter and probably fly much better. The full size Doghouse does not have these quirks.

-Rocko

#5 rockom Jan 20, 2007 10:43 AM

I emailed Dick Smith, the designer of the Doghouse, about the plane. He said he's sorry to say he no longer sells kits.

-Rocko

#6 NorCalPilot Jan 20, 2007 12:48 PM

Rocko - excellent work, and great buildup pictures. The flying pictures to follow will make a great series!

#7 rockom Jan 20, 2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalPilot
Rocko - excellent work, and great buildup pictures. The flying pictures to follow will make a great series!

Maybe I can get some flight pics and video this coming season. I was going to retire the plane. Take off the engine and all the electronics to hang the fuse in my sons room. I just haven't had time to build something new for the engine and gear. I might have to wait and put a few more flights on it.

-Rocko

#8 RCHSF Mar 05, 2007 08:48 AM

Awsome power supply, and test center. You did a wanderful job building it.

#9 rockom Feb 21, 2008 12:37 PM

Update

I was looking at making another one of these and focusing on weight reduction. I'd also like to make more room for the fuel tank. I was running through the calculations and thought I'd add that this plane is 54% of the original plans. The original wingspan is 54 inches. The mini has a wingspan of 29 1/16".

-Rocko