Tri-Squire

5 Attachment(s)
Midwest Tri-Squire

#2 mack5 Jan 17, 2007 04:45 PM

The good old days

one right, two left, three motor.. That was flying :D

Thanks

#3 Trisquire Jan 18, 2007 10:30 AM

Tell me more. I don't go that far back. My Tri-Squire had a Kraft Sport Series 5 channel, using rudder, elevator and throttle.

Tom

#4 pd1 Jan 20, 2007 11:55 AM

Trisquire, do you still have one?

I had a couple, even had the Glassquire.
Most of mine were rudder and throttle only.Reed equipment.

The plans you show, depict the compound escapement, Babcock made it I think.
The escapements that I had didn't have throttle, but you had elevator.

1 click was right rudder, 2 clicks was up elevator, 3 clicks was left rudder, and 4 clicks gave you down elevator.
At least on the escapements I had.

I liked the plane useing rudder and throttle only, with the reed setup better than the escapements.
The Trisquire would roll real nice for wind penetration.
A 90 degree turn and full power it looped. it was a lot of fun.

Glad to see some people still remember it.

#5 jrb Jan 20, 2007 11:57 AM

Must have been a series of Tri Squires?

My dad had a big 40ish; and my little .049 w/Contol Air Mule (1 right & two left) looked the same too.

#6 Trisquire Jan 22, 2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pd1
Trisquire, do you still have one?

I still have the fuselage and the OS Max .20 I flew it with. The wing and stab got left behind in New Jersey during one of my parent's moves. It's the plane a soloed on in the mid '70s. Someday, I'll build a new one from the plans. I might make it electric powered.

Tom

#7 pd1 Jan 22, 2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trisquire
I still have the fuselage and the OS Max .20 I flew it with. The wing and stab got left behind in New Jersey during one of my parent's moves. It's the plane a soloed on in the mid '70s. Someday, I'll build a new one from the plans. I might make it electric powered.

Tom

Tom, That's great, be nice to see one fly again.
Post pictures when you get it flying.

Paul

#8 jrb Jan 22, 2007 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like there were a few members of the Midwest Xxx Squire family; I still think my little rudder only (about 36”) was more like a Tri, and my Dad’s was a lot larger than 51”:

#9 Trisquire Jan 23, 2007 10:16 AM

I tried to make my avatar look like a Tri-Squire ad. There's not enough room for: "Rudder Only, Intermediate Multi." I spelled my ID wrong too. There should be a dash between 'Tri' and 'Squire.' Oh well, it's too late now.

Tom

#10 jlballou May 25, 2007 11:38 AM

Hey, Trisquire, I won a new, in-the-box trisquire kit (if you can believe it!) at a raffle at my flying club. It's the next up in my building schedule. It may break your heart, but I intend to build it as an E-power conversion with modern radio equipment.

Any advice on building it?

Thanks,
John

#11 Trisquire May 25, 2007 12:45 PM

John, That doesn't break my heart at all. If I built a Tri-Squire today, it would be E-powered. Mine had a Kraft radio, which was fairly contemporary.

I'm not sure if I could offer you much advice. It's a well designed kit. My father actually started the build in the early '70s. I was too young to do good work. On the final version, the fuselage was mine, and the wing and stab were his.

The Tri-Squire doesn't have a steerable nose gear. That's about the only thing I would change. I wish you the best. It's a great flier. Perhaps you can post some pictures.

Regards,
Tom

#12 old sunday flyer Aug 07, 2007 08:49 AM

Tri-Squire brings back memories

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,
Enjoyed your posts. The Tri_squire was the first RC that I managed to ROG.
Mine was equipped with Bonner Vericomp, OS 4 Claw motor escapement, Kraft hybrid reciever, (kit Built) had one tube and a few transisters. transmitter was an F&M Venus,(Bought used for $20.00) Power was a Fox 15.
Jerry

#13 Trisquire Aug 14, 2007 09:03 AM

Thanks Jerry. Nicer color scheme than mine had.

Tom

#14 Trisquire Dec 26, 2008 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another ad:

#15 zbrubaker Aug 01, 2009 08:51 PM

One of my projects for the winter is to redesign the Tri-Squire for electric. I think I'll call it the E-Squire! I have a lot of fond memories on my original Tri-Squire, so I'm really looking forward to resurrecting it! If anyone is interested, I can make a kit available.

-Zeke