RC Groups

RC Groups
    Foamies (Scratchbuilt)
        Discussion Silent Mite - Full Fuz EPP Plans

#1 soundman Dec 30, 2006 08:50 AM

Silent Mite - Full Fuz EPP Plans

I've finally got round to finishing off the plans & build guide for one of my own design models the Silent Mite.
http://www.tomgirling.co.uk/hobby/images/mite_26.jpg

Plans & build guide can be found on this page here:
Silent Mite Plans

Please don't post the files elsewhere - feel free to link to the plans page, this will allow me to update the plans (& add more) in the future.

Made from 3mm, 5mm & 8mm EPP sheet. It has a 28" span, weighs around 6.5oz & has oodles of power - anything in the region of 60-80 watts will make it fly nicely.

Enjoy :cool:

#2 gpw Dec 30, 2006 08:52 AM

It's a BEAUTY!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the plans ...!!!!! Beauty Plans too !!!

#3 soundman Dec 30, 2006 08:56 AM

ok seems like I have a data transfer limit issue going on - I'll get it fixed shortly.

All problems solved - download away.

#4 JAM Dec 30, 2006 09:26 AM

I'm gonna ask just to be sure.....Is it ok if i put the silent mite in the DIY list? It sure does look nice........

JAson

#5 soundman Dec 30, 2006 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAM
I'm gonna ask just to be sure.....Is it ok if i put the silent mite in the DIY list? It sure does look nice........

JAson

Yep fine - you you link either to the page with the plans on or to this thread.

#6 JAM Dec 30, 2006 09:36 AM

Thanks soundman, I will link to this thread.........that way if anyone has questions, they can get the answers here.

Jason

#7 stanordave Dec 30, 2006 09:38 AM

Great job! I'm still laughing at my first attempt at joining the canopy/front area. Might try again this afternoon.

#8 gpw Dec 30, 2006 09:39 AM

Jam , what is the meaning of life , the universe, and what do women really want ????

#9 JAM Dec 30, 2006 09:41 AM

Just saved the files myself........I'm impressed very nice plans and build guide......I commend your PDF work.......hope to see more from you in the future.

Jason

#10 JAM Dec 30, 2006 09:45 AM

Glen that's what I like about you......... even at your age your still sharp as a tack this early in the morning..........hehehe..........heck I'm still trying to drink my coffee without spilling it on my keyboard and lap......and it's almost 10 am.

Oh yeah and there will be a time when we all might find the answers to those three questions.........well maybe just the first two.

It has been added to the DIY list, thanks again soundman

Jason

#11 gpw Dec 30, 2006 09:53 AM

I hear Ya , Dude !!! :rolleyes:

#12 Esprit440 Dec 30, 2006 10:46 AM

Really attractive design and great plans Soundman! I like the way you did the canopy - makes me want to buy some EPP right away.

-Matt

#13 firetrappe Dec 30, 2006 11:20 AM

Great work Soundman! :cool:

Very professional plans and instructions. I think I might have a go at building one in the near future. Will there be any video of it flying being posted?

Si.

#14 soundman Dec 30, 2006 11:43 AM

I won't promise video - I have the equipment....just not the time at the moment - I'll see what I can do.

#15 Gene Bond Dec 30, 2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpw
Jam , what is the meaning of life , the universe, and what do women really want ????

IIRC: Death, Taxes, and Money

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAM
Glen that's what I like about you......... even at your age your still sharp as a tack this early in the morning..........hehehe..........heck I'm still trying to drink my coffee without spilling it on my keyboard and lap......and it's almost 10 am.

Just don't try him after noon :D

Heck, JAM, at your age, you still have a lot to learn! Like morning aches and pains, and why it's extremely important to put the toilet seat back down :D

Great job, Soundman. I need to study the build and see what I can learn!