RC Groups

RC Groups
    Nitro and Glow Power Cars
        Discussion HPI RTR Nitro RS4 3 Evo good buy?

#1 IceyDicer Nov 18, 2006 09:02 PM

HPI RTR Nitro RS4 3 Evo good buy?
 
Hey there, I'm just starting to get into hobby r/c cars. I've mucked around with toy r/c's since I was little but now I want to get into it more seriously.

I wanted to know whether you guys know much about the RTR Nitro RS4 3 Evo from HPI. I'm considering buying this car. I'm aware of its specifications etc. Is there anything I should know about it before I buy it? e.g. issues, reliability, upgradability....

Cheers ;)

#2 sandbag Nov 19, 2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceyDicer
Hey there, I'm just starting to get into hobby r/c cars. I've mucked around with toy r/c's since I was little but now I want to get into it more seriously.

I wanted to know whether you guys know much about the RTR Nitro RS4 3 Evo from HPI. I'm considering buying this car. I'm aware of its specifications etc. Is there anything I should know about it before I buy it? e.g. issues, reliability, upgradability....

Cheers ;)

Hello, I have had acouple of the rs4 s, they are great, very reliable .15 motor, the only thing you really need to change is the plastic pipe it comes with, replace with a alum. tuned pipe. a rechargable tx battery is nice if you dont like changeing batteries all the time. The hpi rs4 all in all is a great rtr.
enjoy, Brian

#3 turbored21 Nov 19, 2006 09:45 AM

are you bound to onroad only? because offroad nitro leaves your options much more open as to where and when you can run.. as offroad can be run onroad for the simple task of getting a decent set of road treads for it .. may not handle quite as well but they do handle well .. just an input

#4 IceyDicer Nov 19, 2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbored21
are you bound to onroad only? because offroad nitro leaves your options much more open as to where and when you can run.. as offroad can be run onroad for the simple task of getting a decent set of road treads for it .. may not handle quite as well but they do handle well .. just an input

No I'm not. But I think I would prefer on-road... I think i'd get into it a little more...

Does the alloy pipe make much difference to performance? any idea on the price tag?

#5 turbored21 Nov 19, 2006 07:03 PM

around 300$ RTR for the evo and 30-60$ depending on the pipe you choose yes it does make a difference in revs and the way the motor accelerates

#6 IceyDicer Nov 19, 2006 07:33 PM

Thanks for the info.

Would it be hard to waterproof the car? just as like a safety thing... and so it OK to run it if the track is a bit wet.

#7 turbored21 Nov 19, 2006 08:02 PM

actually the reciever will be in a nice box inside the car if you want you can get some reciever box tape wrap it up nicely around the lid and be done .. thats all that needs done.. keep water out of the filter and your golden

#8 IceyDicer Nov 19, 2006 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbored21
actually the reciever will be in a nice box inside the car if you want you can get some reciever box tape wrap it up nicely around the lid and be done .. thats all that needs done.. keep water out of the filter and your golden

That easy ay?

how about the servos? would they be ok?

#9 turbored21 Nov 19, 2006 08:46 PM

yup servos are fine ive never had one get water in it.. their pretty tightly sealed factory

#10 IceyDicer Nov 19, 2006 08:49 PM

Cheers mate thanks for the info


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.