RC Groups

RC Groups
    Batteries and Chargers
        Discussion Apex 2100 15C, CBA/10X Amp. Graph

#1 RD Blakeslee Jun 18, 2006 09:00 AM

Apex 2100 15C, CBA/10X Amp. Graph

1 Attachment(s)
Move the decimal point one place to the right on the amperage and AH readings.

#2 TMetalMan Jun 18, 2006 10:55 AM

A cell that can truly live up to its ratings :eek:. It has a capacity of 2100mah, doesn't heat up excessively (like other cells) at 15C, and has a good capacity at 15C. IMO, that's an awesome cell!

#3 e-guru Jul 16, 2006 02:53 PM

Can't believe I missed this one- I was waiting for RD to finish testing this cell. Looks like despite insinuations otherwise by users, I guess we can put to rest the idea that these are the same cells as the TP Prolites.

These cells do look like a very solid 12 C lightweight battery.

RD, were you ever able to get clarification from Barry Hou whether this cell you tested was the Mk3 Version 1 or 2? I'm not advocating you test every cell out there but do we know which one this test is on???

With thanks,
e

#4 Cincy E-Flyer Jul 25, 2006 09:51 AM

I am really happy with the Apex packs I have bought. Unfortunately, I lost one of my 2100MaH 15C packs when my Stryker was going so fast the nose cone and hatch violently separated from the plane. Who knows where the pack landed - I searched a long time but couldn't find it. I lost a 12C pack the same way. I will definately be buying more of these gems. From what I can tell, the graphs above support what I suspected - a quality pack for a great price. While these are available, I'll never buy a TP or other big name brand pack.

#5 Blaze.45 Jul 25, 2006 02:43 PM

Actually, the graphs show that this is a 1900mAH 15C cell at best.

It holds voltage reasonably well, don't get me wrong. Pretty nice pack, and I would buy one or so... but this graph isn't exactly full of praise and sighs of relief for a pack that advertises 2100mAH at 15C cont.

Nice to see another decent manufacturer none the less.

-Chris

PS: It finished at 144 degrees celsius. Isn't 140 degrees the point at which lipo cells start "degrading" faster?

#6 RD Blakeslee Jul 25, 2006 04:41 PM

e,

Just back from AK, catching salmon.

It's the MK2.

- RD

#7 CatchmyCorsair Jul 25, 2006 05:28 PM

MKII? Or is there an MKIII version 1 and 2?

If that graph is an MKII(?) then these packs are yet to be tested and may have better capacity.

Have the 1350's been tested yet? I don't think I saw them in the battery vault.

#8 e-guru Jul 25, 2006 09:27 PM

I do not mean to speak for RD, but I believe this graph is of the MkIII version 2 and are the latest APEX cells. The title of the graph is correct and post 6 probably meant version 2.

RD: did you freeze/ smoke some salmon so you can enjoy all year long?

#9 RD Blakeslee Jul 26, 2006 10:19 AM

Yo e,

30 lbs of fillets, honey and brown sugar smoked, shrink wrapped and frozen. You can have one @ the grocery store price: $25/lb. NOT! *chuckle*

I expect you're right about the cell version, but I can't be sure, because it was intimated at the time that a later version was coming soon.

- RD

#10 Blaze.45 Jul 26, 2006 10:23 AM

:eek:.... I give you two dollah! :D

#11 RD Blakeslee Jul 26, 2006 10:27 AM

You should catch 'em yo'se'f, Blaze - you're over half way there, compared to my takeoff point - right coast, US.

#12 david harris Jul 26, 2006 10:35 PM

Rd , if these are the cells I sent you , they are early MK3 v1. The second gen pack is far more potent, and althought I havent done any CBA testing, my Trex tells the story quite well.

BTW, have you done any real world testing on the cells ie. put them in a plane and fly them? I think you will be pleased with the outcome...

Take care, Dave Harris

#13 RD Blakeslee Jul 26, 2006 11:01 PM

No, Dave, I haven't flown them. Most of the cells in my post in the vault I've not flown.

- RD