RC Groups

RC Groups
    Fuel Heli Talk
        Help! Thrust Bearing In Blade Holder Assembly

#1 direstraits Apr 02, 2006 06:29 AM

Thrust Bearing In Blade Holder Assembly

I AM BUILDING AN EVO 30.THEIR IS A CAUTION IN THE BLADE HOLDER ASSEMBLY IRO THE THRUST BEARING.IT SAIS THE LARGER INNER DIAMETER MUST FACE THE HOLDER .TO ME BOTH DIAMETERS LOOK THE SAME.MORE IMPORTANTLY WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY GO IN THE WRONG WAY AROUND!!!

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
:confused:

#2 imodel Apr 02, 2006 06:40 AM

Take the bearing races and place them on an Allen wrench. The race with the larger hole will hang just slightly lower.

#3 direstraits Apr 02, 2006 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imodel
Take the bearing races and place them on an Allen wrench. The race with the larger hole will hang just slightly lower.

IM AFRAID TO ASK WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY IN THE WRONG WAY AROUND.I HAVE PAST THIS ASSEMBLY STAGE AND AM WONDERING HOW HARD ITS GOING TO BE TO REMOVE THE BEARING TO CHECK.ANY IDEAS

#4 imodel Apr 02, 2006 08:20 AM

I'd make sure they are correct and take the grips apart, it only takes a few minutes. Cheap insurance for peace of mind.

#5 barracudahockey Apr 02, 2006 10:17 AM

Slip both races on the spindles, rock them back and forth. One will move much more than the other, thats the larger ID.

Caps is SHOUTING, please refrain.

#6 pmackenzie Apr 02, 2006 10:34 AM

If they are installed the wrong way around the smaller inner diameter could rub against the feathering spindle causing a bit of friction.
Is there any chance you have mixed up the two sets, so that on one set you have both small ID ones, and the other both large?
Pat MacKenzie

#7 direstraits Apr 02, 2006 12:12 PM

got it sorted

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmackenzie
If they are installed the wrong way around the smaller inner diameter could rub against the feathering spindle causing a bit of friction.
Is there any chance you have mixed up the two sets, so that on one set you have both small ID ones, and the other both large?
Pat MacKenzie

that is exactly what happend!!! thanks a million for the advice.

got it sorted now.

#8 direstraits Apr 02, 2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barracudahockey
Slip both races on the spindles, rock them back and forth. One will move much more than the other, thats the larger ID.

Caps is SHOUTING, please refrain.

no more shouting :(