RC Groups

RC Groups
    Mid America Indoor Fun Fly 2006
        Discussion Kansas City Electric Fun Fly

#1 JimVanLoo Mar 22, 2006 11:17 PM

Kansas City Electric Fun Fly

I have announced over 75 different events over the past several years and really enjoyed announcing this one. It was fun and I had a great time. This is my first Electric Indoor Meet and was amazed at the set up of the flight lines and how many airplanes were in the air at the same time.
Len you and your crew did an amazing job of organizing, working and making everything run as smoothly as possible. The team effort was excellent and the amount of prizes that the great Manufacturer's, Local Hobby Shops and Local Manufacturer's donated was AWESOME. Time went so fast on Saturday didn't even realize that 6 PM had arrived. Then on to the banquet at the Clarion for another well organized event.
We all appreciated the local support which was the best that I have seen in a long time.
I have read some of the feedback from different pilots have made and it is very evident that the Club did an amazing job with the event. There will always be a difference of opinion on about almost anything that we do in life and that's what makes us indivduals and these comments must be weighed, both good and not so good.
HATS OFF TO ALL THAT PARTICIPATED AND WORKED THE BEST EVENT THAT I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF DOING FOR A LONG TIME.
Jim Van Loo AMA 822
P.S. This event just set the hook deeper on my getting hooked more into the electrics.

#2 lensrc Mar 23, 2006 05:59 AM

Quote:

This event just set the hook deeper on my getting hooked more into the electrics.
In the immortal words of Freddy Mercury: "And Another One Bites the Dust!" :D:D :cool:

Thanks, Jim. We couldn't have gotten anyone better for the job!

Len

#3 Tbow100 Mar 23, 2006 08:16 AM

You The Man Jim. Thanks.

#4 El Destructo Mar 23, 2006 07:12 PM

Awesome job Jim. You were great.
Mike.

#5 lensrc Mar 23, 2006 07:27 PM

Yep, Jim did a great job!

I heard he's already been hanging over at Jason's since the event. Probably gettin schooled on 'lectrics! :D I'm sure Chunk's gonna hook him up! Probably building him a CD Rom motor right now.......

Len

#6 El Destructo Mar 24, 2006 04:31 PM

Man, hanging out at Jasons. I think I'm gonna have to go to school myself.

Mike.

#7 crashawk Mar 25, 2006 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Destructo
Man, hanging out at Jasons. I think I'm gonna have to go to school myself.

Mike.

your welcome to come over to, might have to move something to find a place to stand/sit, we be cozy over here. (that's red neck for "can't walk though my garage"). :D

Jason

#8 lensrc Mar 25, 2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

"can't walk though my garage"
I have seen it! :eek: As bad as my little hobby room......maybe worse!

Len

#9 El Destructo Mar 25, 2006 08:24 PM

I'll be right at home. Can't walk through mine either.

Mike.

#10 crashawk Mar 26, 2006 10:29 PM

what can I say? I like building and flying better than cleaning up. :D

Wes and I finished 2 easy gliders, a fliton arf and got a good start on another airplane in one weekend. with that much activity there is bound to be a mess.

Jason

:rolleyes: :D ;) :) :cool: