RC Groups

RC Groups
    Fuel Power Events
        Fly-In first annual skymac"Vette City Big Birds", giant scale fly-in

#1 taildragger21 Mar 02, 2006 05:39 PM

first annual skymac"Vette City Big Birds", giant scale fly-in

Skymac in Bowling Green KY.(corvette capitol) is having our first annual giant scale fly-in on the last weekend of July(29-30). People are welcome to come friday early and setup, ect. as the field will be open. We have currently been working on and soon to be finished field expansion project. Our club has just recieved a grant from the tourist commission. Our runway is soon to be 800'x50' of pavement. We will also be adding electricity and an expanded parking area. Our field is a beautiful open area with plenty of shade trees. Rv's and campers are welcome. There are plenty of hotels within a 3-15 mile radius of our field. Anything with an imaa legal wingspan is welcome to fly whether it be aerobatic,sport,warbird,turbine,ect., bring your giants and join in on the fun. We are really excited about this and have really been working hard to make our field the premier rc flying club in the tri-state area. AMA membership and a $20.00 landing fee is all thats required to fly. We are located about 3 miles off I-65, not far from the corvette plant in bowling green, ky. Come join us and help us break in our new runway and lets make this an annual memorable event!! Dont forget about the bluegrass jet jam jet event we are holding in early june!

For info on our club check out our websight. www.skymacrc.com
For more info on "Vette City Big birds", contact me Chad Wilson at 270-590-0943. E-mail- taildragger22003@yahoo.com
OR
Dennis Bac at 270-783-4004. E-mail- dennisrchobbys@cs.com

Stay tuned for more info! Spread the word! Thanks!!

#2 cadconversions Mar 07, 2006 11:01 AM

Sounds like I need to get a couple of my gassers going by then. Should be fun!

#3 taildragger21 Mar 07, 2006 05:10 PM

You better by then!!!! I might have to come over there and have a building party one of these days.. We are expecting a big turnout...

#4 BrianSmith Mar 10, 2006 08:43 AM

Giant scale fly-in

I'll probably make it up from Tullahoma Tn. Send me a flyer or two to hand out at the meetings and or put on our bulletin board at the field. Brian Smith 317 Crestwood Dr Tullahoma TN 37388

#5 taildragger21 Mar 10, 2006 03:49 PM

Brian.. I really appreciate your support!! We are currently working on flyers. When we finish some I will send a handful your way. I hope you make it up!! THanks so much, chad

#6 taildragger21 May 19, 2006 12:34 AM

Just got our runway done and it is nice!! Make sure to mark your calenders for this one!! ps. Brian I have been so busy and forgot, but I have flyers to send down your way.

#7 taildragger21 May 19, 2006 12:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres the flyer..........

#8 BrianSmith May 19, 2006 06:37 AM

Flyer

I tried to enlarge this flyer and print it out, but I'm a computer dummy and all I can get is the actual size on this screen.. Way too small... Brian

#9 cadconversions May 19, 2006 09:12 AM

e-mail me the flyer at higher resolution and I'll try to use my computer program to reduce it but keep it large enough to read or I can create a PDF for you.

#10 taildragger21 Jun 15, 2006 04:14 PM

It is official that MAC HODGES will be coming up for our event!! You dont want to miss this. If you have not seen Mac Hodges do his thing with his GIANT b-29, you are in for a treat! http://www.hodgeshobbies.com/ Joe Bayer of Newburgh Indiana will also be here with his 50% jpx ultralight engine powered patty wagstaff extra! Also if you are a vendor and want to get set up at our fly in, it is only 75.00$. You may contact me 270-590-0943, or dennis 270-783-4004 for more info. Thanks!

#11 cadconversions Jun 15, 2006 04:28 PM

awesome news crazy chad.

#12 taildragger21 Jul 24, 2006 06:35 PM

The weather looks good for this upcoming weekend..! Dont miss us this saturday and sunday. Will be a fun event. CHAD