RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Heli Talk
        Where to get a flight timer.......

#1 HankF Jun 19, 2002 03:56 PM

Where to get a flight timer.......

I understand some TX's have built in timers but due to my bad hearing I probably couldn't hear a high pitched beeping. Are there any that vibrate like a pager that you can wear on your belt?

I asked this because I crashed my Voyager when the brand new RC-2400 pak dumped just as I was rounding out a low altitude turn in prep for landing and hit a tree.

#2 PeteEMT Jun 19, 2002 04:15 PM

As I am completely deaf.. I've also had this issue.. the solution I found for me was a vibrating watch.. You can get the cheap sport model for about $40 at most any deaf/hard of hearing supplier. (like harris http://www.harriscomm.com)The watch has alarm functions as well as a count down timer.

#3 Pierce Jun 19, 2002 04:15 PM

Hank,
I fired up the search engine and came across a pager sized countdown timer. Man I spend too much time on the net! $39.95 was the price I think. Here is the link:

http://www.invisibleclock.com/?source=overture

I think this was made for you :)

#4 cactus Jun 19, 2002 09:05 PM

The gentleman that thaught me how to fly at our club used an egg timer that he had attached to his flight box. Those things are loud...

#5 HankF Jun 19, 2002 09:57 PM

Thank all you guys, especially Pierce! I liked that one so I ordered it.

Hank

#6 Pierce Jun 19, 2002 11:37 PM

You are welcome Hank! Glad I was finally able to help someone here :)

It did look kind of neat. I may get one for myself once I get to the point that I might actually need one.

#7 skypup Jun 20, 2002 12:12 AM

My friend and I got really nice countdown timers for about $7 from a Target store in our area. They can be found in the kitchen section. Ours are made by Oster and have a nice silver finish . They also have a clip on the back. I padded the handle on my JR xmitter with anti grip material (for opening jars) and tie wraps and clip the timer onto that.