RC Groups

RC Groups
    Site Chat
        Hey, Jim, why don't you get a spelling checker for this forum?

#1 Chuck Jun 10, 2002 11:13 PM

Hey, Jim, why don't you get a spelling checker for this forum?

I don't know about anyone else, but I sometimes get so wrapped up in trying to figure out what someone is trying to say that I forget what the thread is about. It's so easy to fat-finger these keys, and some of us(me included) aren't world-class spellers.

When I re-read this I had three errors to correct.

We need help...............:confused:

#2 Andy W Jun 10, 2002 11:15 PM

Hey Chuck, we don't write the software, so it's not a feature we can just turn on.
That said, there are unsupported 'plugins' out there, although I find having to watch what I type makes me a better speller all around, don't you think? :)
..a

#3 Chuck Jun 10, 2002 11:26 PM

Andy,

yeah, but I wish that were true for everyone. Not everybody re-reads their posts and some just can't spell. Some posts are almost unreadable. It has nothing to do with intelligence. I have a nephew who has a Master's degree and is a highly successful homebuilder, but he can't write a four word sentence without misspelling at least one word.
This format isn't the best for checking your spelling/fat fingering either(I'm not complaining, just observing):)

Regards,
Chuck

#4 Red Baron 47 Jun 11, 2002 05:50 AM

It ain't free, but I've been using this for 10 years and love it.
It catches spelling errors across your entire computer.
I find having a spell checker teaches better spelling. How do you know if you've made a mistake otherwise?

http://www.spellcatcher.com/