RC Groups

RC Groups
    Foamies (Kits)
        Discussion MiniMag from Multiplex

#1 Jurgen Heilig Dec 21, 2005 01:26 PM

MiniMag from Multiplex

2 Attachment(s)
My X-Mas present arrived just in time. ;)

The MiniMag is the latest creation from the popular Elapor-Series from Multiplex and it looks like we have got another winner.

:) Jürgen

#2 Jurgen Heilig Dec 21, 2005 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What you see is what you get - plus a comprehensive instruction manual of course:

#3 Jurgen Heilig Dec 21, 2005 01:55 PM

For those who are interested in the weights of the components:

Fuselage (RH): 55.1g
Fuselage (LH): 55.4g
Canopy: 8.9g
Stab: 19.1g
Fin: 9.4g
Wing: 111.9g

#4 Avanti Dec 21, 2005 02:08 PM

Hi Jürgen,

hast Du einen speziellen Draht zu Multiplatsch oder wie kommst Du jetzt schon an dieses Teil?

Do you have a direct connection to MPX? I've seen the model in the last info from them, but it will be delivered in january.

Ernst

#5 Jurgen Heilig Dec 21, 2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avanti
Hi Jürgen,
Do you have a direct connection to MPX? I've seen the model in the last info from them, but it will be delivered in january.

Ernst

As the representative of the German Model Flying Association (DMFV) for Slow Flyers, I have of course also good contacts to German model manufacturers.

#6 strawcuter Dec 21, 2005 03:41 PM

Jurgen, Merry Christmas. Do you have any idea when the plane will make it to the USA. I am working on a Magister but am concerned about my ability to fly it. I see the MiniMag as my way into flying ailieron models.

Bob

#7 Jurgen Heilig Dec 21, 2005 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawcuter
Jurgen, Merry Christmas. Do you have any idea when the plane will make it to the USA. I am working on a Magister but am concerned about my ability to fly it. I see the MiniMag as my way into flying ailieron models.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Sorry, but I have no idea when the first MinMags will be available in the USA.

What other models have you flown successfully so far?

#8 Jurgen Heilig Dec 21, 2005 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The name MiniMag might be misleading a bit. Despite being much smaller than the Magister, the MiniMag is still a decent sized model - see the MiniMag next to my EasyStar:

#9 Elite Dec 21, 2005 06:02 PM

WOW!!!
That looks cool I have been looking at a magister for my first ailieron plane but as I live in New Zealand I would need to have it shipped over and do not realy want to do that.And the magister is so large it would be hard to store it.
I wonder if and when these will get to New zealand.

#10 LareeRudee Dec 21, 2005 10:34 PM

how it rates compared to...............

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Hi Bob,.............What other models have you flown successfully so far?:) Jürgen

Jurgen, I'd be interested (after you fly it, maybe) to know where it rates in "ease of flying" easier than, harder than, or in between the EZGlider and the EZStar, and maybe even the TwinStar. And I'm not holding you to scientific accountability, but hoping for general "impressions".

You are so lucky to very often be in the group of "firsts" to try these new things.

Regards,
LarryR :)

#11 jiggiba Dec 21, 2005 10:47 PM

E-Starter Killer

Looks great. The new Twin Star hit the USA quickly so there is hope for this one. It's on my "List".

#12 Jurgen Heilig Dec 21, 2005 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LareeRudee
Jurgen, I'd be interested (after you fly it, maybe) to know where it rates in "ease of flying" easier than, harder than, or in between the EZGlider and the EZStar, and maybe even the TwinStar. And I'm not holding you to scientific accountability, but hoping for general "impressions".

You are so lucky to very often be in the group of "firsts" to try these new things.

Regards,

Hi Larry,

The Easy Star is probably the best model for a beginner. As a second model he (or she ;)) had to chose between the Easy Glider or the Twin Star II. Both models are much bigger and need different batteries. For those who don't want to go the Easy Glider route, the new MiniMag might just be the right model. I hope to have the model ready for our clubs New Year Fly In. ;)

#13 LareeRudee Dec 21, 2005 11:59 PM

2nd step?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Hi Larry,
The Easy Star is probably the best model for a beginner. As a second model he (or she ;)) had to chose between the Easy Glider or the Twin Star II. Both models are much bigger and need different batteries. For those who don't want to go the Easy Glider route, the new MiniMag might just be the right model. I hope to have the model ready for our clubs New Year Fly In. ;)

So, stated another way, start with EZStar............ and THEN have a good and kinda "equal" choice between EZGlider and Mini-Mag as the second plane??? Just trying to understand......... If I'm right, then one is on the list for ME, tooooooooooo.

Smiling,

#14 rutat Dec 22, 2005 08:23 AM

Did you get a set of the floats? This plane is at the top of my list for 06.

#15 JohnM Dec 22, 2005 08:59 AM

Does anyone know what the wing area is for this plane? I'm trying to load some data into Motocalc.

John