RC Groups

RC Groups
    Parkflyers
        It's Cheap, Easy and Fast - It's a blue flying triangle.

#1 jastown Jul 30, 2001 11:31 AM

It's Cheap, Easy and Fast - It's a blue flying triangle.

Here's another Bluecor special.
http://www.jastown.com/airplane/cheap.htm

50 cents or less spent on foam,glue and music wire.

Cut a few straight lines on blue foam.

Glue it together.

Stick on some servos and other electronics.

Now all you have to do is figure out how to fly it.

#2 Jerry Brown Jul 30, 2001 04:31 PM

Nice planes! I've been wanting to toy around with some ideas with foam. Where do you get 1/4 inch Blucor????

#3 Tazilon Jul 30, 2001 04:37 PM

Cool... very cool!

I've been following the bluecor line of planes you've been coming up with for a while... It's inspired me! I went to Lowes the other day after work and found Bluecor! Paid $28.00 for a 4 foot X 50 foot folded
pack of this stuff. I just built a "Big Blue Stik" with it. Used a carbon fiber arrow from Wal-Mart for the stick, and built a 46 inch polydihedral wing from the Bluecor. Used Bluecor for the tail feathers as well.
Put a GWS EPS STD "A" motor on it with a GWS
10x4.7 prop. Batteries are 7 cell, 600 mah nicads. Used the Lite-Stik wheels and a longer music wire landing gear. The "creation" is 12.5 ounces AUW. Wingspan 46 inches (7 inch chord), length is 35 inches. This is the FIRST thing I have EVER built from scratch. NO PLANS... Just that TLAR method... anyway, I took it out last Sunday at 6:30 am and set it on the runway...
Gave it power, and off I went! ROG in about 20 feet, seems more responsive than Lite-Stik. I'm new to flying, so the landing was, well, a landing of sorts. Broke the small balsa stick I used to attach the motor to the fuse. Anyway, I'll be back out this weekend to see what I can do with this thing.
Sorry for the ***lengthy*** post, but I'm just amazed.

Tazilon
Quote:

Originally posted by jastown:
Here's another Bluecor special.
http://www.jastown.com/airplane/cheap.htm

50 cents or less spent on foam,glue and music wire.

Cut a few straight lines on blue foam.

Glue it together.

Stick on some servos and other electronics.

Now all you have to do is figure out how to fly it.

#4 jastown Jul 30, 2001 04:38 PM

1/4" Bluecor is sold as an insulation to use under siding. It is a Dow/Georgia Pacific product. You should be able to find it at Building supply stores. I got mine at "Lowes". It is also available at local lumber yards. It comes in 4 feet by 50 feet fanfold packages for about $26.00.