RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk
        Mini-Review MiG-15 by WeMoTec

#1 Herb Aug 16, 2005 08:29 PM

MiG-15 by WeMoTec

6 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pictures of the MiG-15 I got today in the mail from WeMoTec.

It's designed for a 90 mm fan, eg MidFan or possibly Jepe/DS fans. I plan on installing the Midi with a Hacker B50 on 6S Lipos. Retracts will be Springair 602's (which I already have), or I might just fly it first w/o gear.

The fiberglass/carbon composite kit is actually made in the Czeck republic and distributed by WeMoTec. I have one of the prototypes, the kit will be generally available late in the fall for around 300+ euros.

The FG work is first rate, with gel coating and very well made panel lines. No need for heavy layers of primer on this one either. Empty weight of kit (w/o servos, linkages, fan etc) is 23.8 oz = 675 g, extremely light weight :) .

Wings are removable with steel alignment pins and fiberglass spar stubs.

#2 Herb Aug 16, 2005 08:34 PM

6 Attachment(s)
A couple more pics ...

#3 JetTech Aug 16, 2005 08:43 PM

That looks smooth.........Nice looking just sitting there before any work has been done. Looks like they have even wrapped carbon fiber around the ducting
What are the dimensioins?

Kerry

#4 Herb Aug 16, 2005 08:49 PM

Wingspan is around 103 cms, weight estimated with old round cells in the 75 oz range rtf. Airfoil is an RG-14.

It's comparable in size to the Aeronaut Panther, and quite a bit larger than the K&A MiG-15 (designed fro MF480/HW609).

It has a high degree of prefabrication, contains almost all the basic hardware (joiner, linkages, ball links), and comes with a very detailed instruction cd.

The battery box was designed for round cells, so LiPos will require a bit of extra work.

#5 NCC-1701 Aug 16, 2005 08:51 PM

Sigh, So many MiGs, so little time. This one looks like a real winner.

Rob

#6 JetTech Aug 16, 2005 08:58 PM

Now that is the size of plane that these eyes enjoy seeing in the air. And maybe even enough room inside for my big paws to work in. I look fwd to following this thread with interest. Keep us posted on the release date for the rest of us if you hear anything Herb.

Thanks,
Kerry

#7 Steve C Aug 16, 2005 11:12 PM

That looks great Herb. I'm more interested these days in stuff that can fit retracts.
Clear canopy on the way?

Steve C

#8 monkamarm2000 Aug 16, 2005 11:19 PM

WOW! oh and WOW! Love it. Perfect size too. And is it me or did they enlarge the vertical instead of enlarging the horizontals? I know with planes of this layout one needs to be altered a bit for better flight. If they did I like it, looks more scale than an enlarged horizontal.

Barry

#9 WarbirdNerd Aug 17, 2005 02:36 AM

Looks great Herb,

I love the panel line details, the removable wings are a real plus!

Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on this new Mig.

Markos

#10 like2fly! Aug 17, 2005 04:56 PM

Very nice indeed,
looks a good candidate for my first midi edf :)

Herb, do you know the name of the company in the czech republic? thats really nice work, maybe they do afew other interesting models!
thanks

#11 WeMoTec Aug 17, 2005 05:26 PM

It is their first EDF model and we will start to deliver in about 6-8 weeks from now.

Oliver

#12 WarbirdNerd Aug 17, 2005 05:39 PM

Hi Oliver,

I think it is safe to say, you're going to be very busy with a lot of orders for your new Mig-15.

Very nice addition to your product line!

Markos

#13 monkamarm2000 Aug 17, 2005 05:46 PM

Yeah Oliver I'll take one of these and a new big fan and I can die happy! lol

Barry

#14 Heiner Skroblin Aug 18, 2005 12:41 AM

Oliver!

Warum habe ich noch keine MIG-15, die Cutlass habe ich bis auf den Querrudereinbau fertig!

"Oliver!
Why do I have no Mig-15, the Cutlass is almost finished, just to prepare the ailerons"

Heiner

#15 kriptonic Aug 18, 2005 12:45 AM

translation please for those of us that know how to speak english, but still are learning to read.

Gene