RC Groups

RC Groups
    New Forum Requests
        Aviation Photography forum

#1 Treetop Jul 20, 2005 12:38 AM

Aviation Photography forum

Having just seen Tim Hooper's great shots from the Old Warden, and as there have been a lot of good threads in LTUP on these events and their resulting great pics, thought they deserved their own home, as these pictures are a great tool for modeling.

Thanks, tt.

Link to Tim's shots:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394029

============

New Forum Suggestion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Name: Full Scale Aircraft Photography

Category: General Aircraft Topics

Description: Photographs of full scale aircraft, from shows, museums, local airfields, etc.

Justification: Interesting, informative and useful for scale modelers, and there are several of these now with no home except LTUP

Moderator(s): Whoever is willing.

#2 Andy W Jul 20, 2005 05:14 AM

First: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150936

Second: the Gallery would be more appropriate, perhaps a sub section there for full-scale aviation photographs..
..a

#3 Treetop Jul 20, 2005 05:44 AM

I like the regular forums for discussion with the photographer and so we can praise their work, share photo technique and equipment used, as opposed to putting it in the gallery. tt

#4 California Condor Jul 21, 2005 10:11 AM

I think it is a good idea.

#5 tim hooper Jul 21, 2005 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treetop
I like the regular forums for discussion with the photographer and so we can praise their work, share photo technique and equipment used, as opposed to putting it in the gallery. tt

I'll agree with tt here. I'm not a fan of the gallery and rarely visit it, but it's always nice to find something aviation-related in the politically-dreary LTUP from time to time, isn't it?

tim

#6 Treetop Jul 21, 2005 03:36 PM

Very true, Tim. I just wonder how many miss these great photos, because of where they are. tt

#7 barney Jul 21, 2005 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy W

Second: the Gallery would be more appropriate, perhaps a sub section there for full-scale aviation photographs..
..a

Andy
After just visiting the gallery area. aircraft section, sub section ,unusual and full scale , and finding only 173 pictures it would appear that this is not a preferred area for most members? And therefore I would agree with TT that an interactive off topic area may well be of more benefit to the members?
Barney

#8 Andy W Jul 21, 2005 06:19 PM

The gallery is capable of discussion also (you can submit comments)..

.. if the gallery sections were linked into the normal forums, so that a gallery section was actually listed alongside and looked like the regular forums, I think that would work well..
..a