RC Groups

RC Groups
    Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models
        2 New Micros (Work in Progress)

#1 MPL0527 May 07, 2005 08:06 PM

2 New Micros (Work in Progress)

2 Attachment(s)
While I'm saving up for a Plantraco setup, I thought I would start building something to put it into.

#1 - Mini Bump Parasol:
w/s = 10"
length = 7.5"
airframe weight = 1.7 gram
2mm hot wire cut styrofoam w/minimum balsa reinforcing
Based on Epilot's drawing - just used the fuselage planform but turned it
upside down.

#2 - Mini LiddleDiddle
w/s = 11"
length = 8"
airframe weight = 2.1 grams
2mm hot wire cut styrofoam w/balsa reinforcing
Base on pictures posted in the Diddle and LiddleDiddle threads

Any comments welcome.
Mark

#2 Gordon Johnson May 07, 2005 09:58 PM

Those look very nice. They just have to fly great, and should put the Plantraco equipment to good use.

Gordon

#3 Plantraco May 08, 2005 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPL0527
While I'm saving up for a Plantraco setup, I thought I would start building something to put it into.

Any comments welcome.
Mark

Those are great looking airframes that will inspire others to try Micro R/C!

Love to see this - thanks for showing us what your are building!

Those are lightweight airframes!

#4 epilot May 08, 2005 04:40 AM

I could have saved you the work on the fuselage ;)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359297

Nice models :)

Michael

#5 beanoman May 08, 2005 09:15 AM

well, i saw the parasol, and i couldnt resist... and, i got a new camera on friday, and want to post pics...

heres the peices of foam, at the lowest quality, at the lowest size, in bad lighting conditions, without flash. lol.

and a few moments for the six foam plates who were grotesquelly(i love that word, cant spell it:)) mudered for materials......

beano

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...o/Dsc00142.jpg

#6 beanoman May 08, 2005 10:06 AM

ok, finished. i like the looks of mine, with the "huge" larry park wheels. it weighs a slightly heavy 1.6 grams, mines only a 8.5 inch span. not sure what equiptment will be in it- hopefully standard plantraco stuff, with a 6mm dd. that would be 8 grams at most. with about 6 grams of ballast, it flys slow enough but not slow enough for living room flight. or at least not for my livingroom :). in a gym or a big ol' room, it should fly great.

erm, sorry for kinda highjacking the thread..

beano

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...o/Dsc00146.jpg

#7 epilot May 08, 2005 10:29 AM

Grotesque certainly applies to the wheels ;) Use some foam discs for wheels - adds very little weight.

Michael

#8 beanoman May 08, 2005 03:11 PM

foam ones might add little weight... larry park ones add NO weight :). well, .3 grams for both, and they actually spin amazin', unlike my homemade ones.

i think the parasol needs to be the intermediate newbie plane(yes, theres a reason i made one :)). first, the guppy with the build thread. then, the parosal. a little bit more complex because of the wing struts. then, the normal bump, with the full fuse.

beano