RC Groups

RC Groups
    3D Flying
        What did you get for your Valentine's day sweetheart

#1 gwong Feb 15, 2005 11:31 PM

What did you get for your Valentine's day sweetheart

Hi All,

I thought I would show you what I got for my Valentine's day sweetheart.

http://www.ariestechnologies.com/tribute1.jpg

Cheers,

Gord.

#2 freximus Feb 15, 2005 11:59 PM

A trip to Micheals

I got my Wife some gift certificates to Micheals Arts and Craft store. She's a crocheting dynamo!

(and I figure I can talk her in to buying me some balsa and glue) ;)

Fred

#3 harrymc Feb 16, 2005 12:08 AM

Let's be clear here!

There are two items on the counter in the picture. . .

The fact that you are still breathing tells me you got her the item on the right! :p

#4 maxxnut Feb 16, 2005 12:08 AM

My wife was in the living room, and I walked up to her...turned around...and "mooned" her. Best gift she ever got....didn't cost much either ! Went back to building planes.

Neil

#5 harrymc Feb 16, 2005 12:09 AM

P.S.
How's the Tribute fly with the E-flite outrunner?

#6 gwong Feb 16, 2005 01:02 AM

Hi Harrymc,

I was suggesting the flowers were for my Tribute (tongue firmly in cheek) :-)

To answer your question...this is my first 3D plane and just learning this style of flying....with that in mind...I think the E-Flite outrunner is doing pretty good. I am using a APC 11x4.7 Slo Fly Prop...the motor seems to have enough power to get me out of trouble. The fellow at the LHS is using the same motor on his Ultimate and he said it's working well for him....so based on that I bought this motor for my Tribute.

Hope this helps.

Gord.
PS. I bought a Mini Funtana on the same day...a little Happy Valentine's gift to me.

#7 Boss248 Feb 16, 2005 02:36 AM

I don't think that a dozen roses could have kept me out of the dog house this yr....I just kept putting it off and the next thing I knew it was to late...do any of you guys that live in a warm climate have a spareroom out back I can sleep in..it's just for 1 year........ :rolleyes:
I should have bought her a new Caddy for putting up with me for the last 22 years.... :o

Boss

#8 sundancer007 Feb 16, 2005 05:09 AM

I bought my wife a couple of new planes, no! she not into the hobby, so I told her I would fly them for her and give her monthly updates on flight times.

#9 Littlescreamers Feb 16, 2005 08:21 AM

I went all out this year and snuck down to her work on fri eve and went into her office and decorated it! that way when she showed up on Mon it was all ready:D
"What did I get her"

1 1/2 ct Diamond earrings:D thats 3/4ct for ea ear.

After 20 years she has put up with me it was a cheap price for love.

Scott
littlescreamers.com

#10 mexico Feb 16, 2005 08:24 AM

Got my wife a covering iron and a new spinner for my Groove. Oh wait, those were for me. Never mind.

#11 maxxnut Feb 16, 2005 10:29 AM

Scott, Next year, try "mooning" her next year. Same results and loss cost. My stepfather told me not to buy the lady too many diamonds too fast, they get spoiled and don't want to work. But they owned 3 airplanes, 3 boats, lots of luxury cars, and traveled when they wanted to....all because they built a business and sold it and were paid a portion of the profits monthly....mail box money is the way to go man !!

Neil...( the 2 seat utlralite guy )

#12 Tim H. Feb 16, 2005 11:26 AM

I have the perfect wife... I was told to skip Valentine's day...LOL:D

Tim H.

#13 TeamSME Feb 16, 2005 02:12 PM

How come when a woman does something nasty to a man its no problem but when a man forgets flowers she can kick you out. And if she divorces you she get's the house that you probably payed for. :confused:

I'm in highschool, no sweetheart for me :(

#14 gwong Feb 16, 2005 02:18 PM

It's an expensive month for me,

Wedding anniversary = $200.00* dinner at her favorite restaurant
Birthday dinner = $100.00* for dinner
Valentines = $91.00* for roses
Kids birthday x 2 = Haven't seen the bills yet
Mini Funtana + 4 HS56 servos = $300.00*
*canadian dollars

Flying on the weekends.....priceless....sounds like a Mastercard commercial.

Sigh.......maybe "mooning" will be an option next year.

Gord.