RC Groups

RC Groups
    Life, The Universe, and Politics
        AARRGH! windows XP and the saving of jpg

#1 gouch Dec 04, 2004 11:10 PM

AARRGH! windows XP and the saving of jpg

I had this problem once before and don't remember how it was solved.

Normally when online you right click and save a picture as it's format, in most cases .jpg but windows has decided it dosen't want to save as Jpg anymore and only gives me the .bmp option. There is no other option available and I need to save them as bmp then convert in photoshop.

If I remember correctly it's a reasonably easy fix, but can't for the life of me remember. It's very frustrating.

Please help :confused:

Cheers
Paul

#2 me11owman Dec 04, 2004 11:39 PM

I have Win-98 and used to have this problem.....and clearing the cache would fix it ( I don't know why , but it did) Since I switched to mozzilla I haven't had it come up again......

Jim

#3 ElectRick Dec 04, 2004 11:42 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

Rick

#4 gouch Dec 04, 2004 11:54 PM

BINGO!!

Thanks heaps guys, I obv. haven't cleared it in a while, but it's all good now. :D

Cheers
Paul

P.S they can add XP pro with SP2 to that list of known setups.

#5 Jacques Flambeau Dec 05, 2004 05:06 AM

It's astounding how many files are in the IE cache. Even files from places I've not remembered visiting. Most worrisome are many, many javascript (.js) files. I realize that most are harmless, but still, a script that was put on my 'puter by a website...

--Bill

#6 gouch Dec 05, 2004 06:11 AM

You're not wrong, I hadn't cleared it for a long time and it took about 5 minutes to clear.