RC Groups

RC Groups
    Dock Talk
        Boat Trailer

#1 triton Nov 04, 2004 02:44 AM

Boat Trailer

Hi,
I am looking for trailer that is suitable for the PIP Falcon, anyone seen one or heard of a kit or fabricator.

THanks

Triton

#2 _James_ Nov 04, 2004 04:30 AM

what kind of boat?

James

#3 triton Nov 04, 2004 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _James_
what kind of boat?

James

Pip Falcon and the Bittburger.

#4 RGinCanada Nov 04, 2004 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Are you looking for a scale trailer like this one I found at xtremercboats.com, or a practical way of wrestling your monster down to the pond?

#5 CG Bob Nov 04, 2004 03:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I scratchbuilt this trailer using brass stock and 1/10 scale R/C car tires and rims. The trailer is silver soldered together. I painted the trailer with some zinc cold galvanizing spray coating.

#6 triton Nov 04, 2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGinCanada
Are you looking for a scale trailer like this one I found at xtremercboats.com, or a practical way of wrestling your monster down to the pond?

RG,

Yup, something like that. For displaying as well as launching it.

Jw

#7 triton Nov 04, 2004 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG Bob
I scratchbuilt this trailer using brass stock and 1/10 scale R/C car tires and rims. The trailer is silver soldered together. I painted the trailer with some zinc cold galvanizing spray coating.

Bob,
Great Looking trailer. Can you post more pics of your trailer? Might get motivated to built one instead of buying one. Thanks

Jw

#8 CG Bob Nov 04, 2004 09:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Triton,
Here are some more pictures. The trailer is 32 inches long and 9 inches wide.

#9 CG Bob Nov 04, 2004 09:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some more pictures. I built the trailer by eye, I had no plans. I based it on other trailers I'd seen at boat shows, on the web, and in catalogs and magazines.

#10 triton Nov 05, 2004 02:55 AM

Bob,

Thanks for posting the additional pics. Your details are super. The nails for nailing the padding, suspension, the winch, stop post etc.. I will attempt to built one, but would not be as refine as yours.

Will post when I get started.

Jw